1. the follow

11:34 PM

eddie feels his phone vibrate in his hand as he scrolls through a random persons twitter page. a notification from instagram reads 'steveharrington18 has followed you'

"what the hell?" he says aloud.

  why the hell did steve fucking harrington just follow me? eddie asks himself. he taps on the notification, now being directed to the instagram app. he clicks on steve's profile.

  he scoffs as he sees the pictures on steve's feed. most of them being candids of him with his sporty friends in the middle of their basketball games. the captions always being something along the lines of "we did it again boys! nationals here we come!" with multiple fire emojis and different colored heart emojis.

as well as the occasional picture of his dog, a golden retriever named princess. of course.

   "should i follow him back? hmm..." eddie says to himself. still confused as to why steve even followed him in the first place. as if steve would be interested in anything eddie posts about. eddie barely posts anything anyway, although, he does check all his social media's daily.

   eddie only has a mere 300 followers compared to steve's followers nearing 3000.

     all eddies posts are about his favorite old rock and metal bands, occasionally a mirror picture of him wearing his usual attire. a band tee, black ripped jeans, and his vest that has various patches of all his favorite metal bands.

   after biting his lip rather roughly for a good twenty seconds, he squints his eyes and turns away slightly as he presses the follow back button on steve's profile. i cant believe i just did that. he thinks to himself while letting out a small giggle.

  eddie looks up at the top left of his screen. "11:40," he sighs before turning off his phone and reaching for the light switch, conveniently located right next to the headboard of his bed. he switches it off as he reaches for his favorite blanket and pulls it up over his shoulders. closing his eyes and eventually drifting off to sleep.

   just a few minutes after eddie has fallen asleep, his phone vibrates yet again. another notification from instagram appearing. this time, a direct message. from none-other than steve harrington.

   'Hey' the message from steve reads. a waving hand emoji following after a few seconds.

A/N: me when i write another steddie story...this one should be fun though and a little easier considering it's set in current day. i havent seen anyone do this yet so i thought i'd give it a go! i hope you enjoyy. i'm very excited.