Chapter 3 : letter

As you arrived near the river, you recall the memories of your little brother sangwoo and Daeseok. It was enough to make you cry, the person you wanted to protect this time ended up like before.

After few hours of regretting everything near the river you returned back home around midnight, 'i should not have come back' you thought as you opened the door of your apartment as your eyes shift on the letter in the mailbox on door.

There was a letter in there, you took it and placed it on your nightstand. Your eyes shift on your knuckles which is bleeding from that time you beat those shitty people and taking out your anger on the tree near the river. You didn't feel any pain and the need to treat them so you didn't.

You didn't feel like to eat anything, so you plopped on your bed and fell asleep.

Next morning you recieved an email from school that they hired another librarian so you don't have to come back.

"I was going to quit anyways" you said and shifted your gaze at your knuckles which was bruised badly from yesterday.

*Knock* *knock*

"Yeonhui?" You said in confusion as you looked at the time. "Naah, she would be in school right now" you get up from the bed, rubbing your eyes.

You opened the door while scratching your back of the head and yawning. "I don't want to extend my car warran- Yeonhui? Why are you here, Yeonhui? You should be at school right now!" You yelled at her as she made her way in your apartment.

She grabbed your arm and made you sit down on the bed as she took the first aid box from the cabinet. "You're so reckless Y/n!" She yelled at me and you just awkwardly smiled at her.

"There's nothing to laugh about! They were going to send you in prison! They let go of what you did because they were at fault too! But don't be so reckless Y/n!" She said as a tear slip from her eyes.

You wiped her tears from your thumb as you cupped her cheeks. You looked at her and smiled "dumbass, the fuck you're crying for? My knuckles are bruised here not yours"

"Don't joke around!" She said as she hit you on your shoulder. "Okay okay. haha~" you replied patting and ruffling her head.

"Y/n... Why don't you go back to your parents house?" Yeonhui asked you as she cupped your hand with hers. You didn't know what excuse you should make this time to postpone this question so you stay quiet.

"Y/n why don't you tell me about your past? Am I not worthy to know? Or do you think I'll judge you for that? If is that so I'll smack you to the death of thinking that way of me!" Yeonhui said in a serious tone.

You could tell that she was being genuine but you were not ready to tell her anything. 

"Yes of course! The person who can't even block my hits will surely can smack me to death. I almost shit myself" you tried to slide away the question with a joke thinking it would work but Yeonhui's piercing gaze was enough to realise she wasn't in the mood to joke around.

You wanted to get out of this situation, because you didn't want things to get awkward between you and Yeonhui.

You remembered the letter you received today from the person you returned the wallet to. "Wait- I've recieved a letter let me read it first" you rushed to your nightstand and took the letter from it.

"What did you write in letter you send?" Yeonhui asked as she give in to you.

"Dear Mr. Stranger.

I don't know how careless you're (maybe not) to lost your wallet but please put some money in your wallet because my bestie thinks you're a jobless man with no bitches. I don't know how much of it is true. But if what she said is true, then, get yourself a job asap! Don't even try blaming me for your stolen wallet or if there's not the right amount because I'm not the one who stole, both your wallet or money. I simply found it on the footpath as I was kicking stone while walking. Hope you have a great day ahead.

From : Ms. Stranger~

"Did you really wrote that? How could you Y/n. What if the guy was hot?" Yeonhui whinned as you smiled triumphly at her.

"Aren't you interested in Taeung? Wait- lemme tell him you're calling a stranger hot-" you smirked as you picked up your mobile from the bed.

"No way- I'm just talking about the first impression!" Yeonhui tried to smack your shoulder but your reflexes blocked all her hits.

"Let's read his later now!" You said excitedly and being curious of what he wrote in his letter.

"Miss Stranger.

I'm grateful that you've returned my wallet. Thank you. Just to clarify that, I do have a job (not going to reveal it) I don't put much money in my wallet because if it's stolen or lost again it will make me go through a hard time. Hope you and your bestie understands. And yes, I'm not blaming you from my stolen wallet neither I think you took money from it (it was the same amount when it was stolen or lost I guess) hope you have a great day ahead too.

From Mr. Na."

"He's a good person I guess?" Yeonhui said as she read the letter after you. You weren't sure if that's what he was being genuine or fake. "Are you going to write a letter again?" Yeonhui asked as you just rolled on your bed.

"Maybe?" You said placing your mobile on the table near your bed. "You haven't had your breakfast yet right?" Yeonhui asked and you nod your head a little in response.

"Okay! I'll make lunch for you today!" Yeonhui exclaimed excitedly and went in the kitchen to make lunch. "Yeonhui. I'm thinking of opening a cafe. What do you think?" You asked her bluntly.

"Huh- I fully support you!!! You've my full support Y/n!!" She rushed back to me and held my hands with so much sincerity. "I know dumbass! I'll go buy the goods now for dinner. We are going to have dinner together right?" You tilted your head and she nodded her head aggressively in response with so much excitement.

"Well will you put some bandages on my knuckles?"

"Yes"

To be continued~