꧁ Chapter 1 ꧂

Veronica's POV:
Sunday Afternoon. 3:00 PM.

3:00 PM hit the clock as I woke up. I left my bed and walked downstairs, staying deep in thought. I reached the bottom of the stairs, and walked to the kitchen, straight in front of the refrigerator. I grabbed the milk, along with the box of Oreo O's that sat on the top of the refrigerator. I tip-toed quickly over to the cabinet to grab my favorite plastic blue bowl. Only I use it, as I don't particularly appreciate sharing. I poured the cereal, then milk into the bowl before grabbing a plastic spoon so I can chow down on my bowl.

Sundays are one of my least favorite days of the week. Well... next to Monday. I'm not the most popular person at school. I guess you can say that I trash my reputa-

My thought was interrupted as I heard my brother's voice.

"Veronica, what the fuck?!"

I flinched, looking up at my brother's angry face, and the faces of his clearly uncomfortable friends sitting in each seat in the dining room with Sean. Of course, I recognized them. Liam Hudson, the tall, quiet ginger. I always thought that he was cute. He had a bit of facial hair growing in, it was clearly showing because of his pale skin. His red hair was short and brung out his light brown eyes. He looked like he was around 6'2, and he was in my grade, in contrast to his younger friends.
Then there was Michael Henderson. He was pretty attractive too, but he's not my type. He's around average height—I'll say 5'11 or so. He has short light blonde hair with bangs that stop just above his eyebrows. He has a mustache, but no beard to go along with it and has dark brown eyes. He looks almost identical to his sister Mallory. The only difference is her emerald color eyes, which come from their dad.
God, I can't stand her.
You would think he and his sister would be twins, but she's a year older than him... The same age as me. I guess it's just strong genetics?
Michael is in Sean's grade, making him a Junior.
And then we get to the final one. Owen Hill. He's 6'0... And yes I've confirmed it. Has the most pretty light blue eyes, with dark brown hair to contrast it. You can tell that he takes care of himself by the way he dresses, and the fact that you can see his muscles. Well, that muscle tee isn't leaving anything to the imagination anyway.
I've always had a thing for him, but I haven't had the chance to make a move since he's always with my brother and is the quietest person I know. His skin is very pale, with hints of red on his cheek. He was also a year younger than me.

"Veronica!" My brother yelled at me causing me to jump again.

"What?!" I yelled back. He's so fucking annoying.

"Where the hell are your pants?" He looked at me with disgust and he spoke, causing me to look down and realize that I was still in my sleeping clothes.

Yes, my sleeping clothes are just my underwear, with a spaghetti strap t-shirt...

I looked back up and paused for a second, not knowing how to reply. "I- uh..."

"Go put some damn clothes on!" Sean yelled, causing me to hurry back to my room, cereal bowl still in my hand.

I got to my room and used my free hand to slam my doors closed. So fucking embarrassing...

I shook it off so I could rush to finish my cereal.
Can't believe that happened in front of Owen... Maybe it serves as a sneak peek.

I put the bowl on my lips and drank the remaining milk in the bowl. I set the bowl on my dresser and walked in front of my standing mirror.