Frappé

Sometimes, Minhyuk feels like the hyung.

There is a whole five years gap between them, and yet it wouldn't be easy to guess who is older -not with half of a frappé splattered on Myungjun's shirt, at least.

"You just had to drink it", he sighs, grabbing as many tissues as he can from the nearest table. "Let me help you before this gets worse"

Myungjun pouts, stretching the fabric so that it doesn't stick to his body. "If you didn't make me laugh so much while I was about to take a sip-"

"So now it's my fault if you are clumsier than a baby?" Minhyuk retorts, offended, but inside, he is smiling.

He may not be the greatest comedian out there, but Myungjun will always be his number one fan, every single joke reducing him into an hysterical mess, tears pricking his eyes -Minhyuk loves him for that.

He loves him a little less for wasting their shared milkshake, though. He doesn't even know how it happened, but probably it's just Myungjun's tendency to not stay still -and weirdly falling to the floor whenever he laughs too much. After all, he wouldn't be Myungjun without chaos following him.

"Minhyuk?"

There is something softer and more personal, intimate, in the way the name leaves his lips- it's always Rocky this, Rocky that, and Minhyuk doesn't actually mind -he does the same- but that hits differently.

"Are you angry?"

"Why would I?"

Myungjun fidgets with the napkins. "Because I wanted today to be nice but here you are taking care of me while it should be the other way around and-"

"It's just a smoothie, hyung", Minhyuk stops him. "And you didn't get any of it on my clothes, which is a record itself. Just buy me another one later and we are fine, okay?"

It shouldn't be a big deal, but Minhyuk knows -that is not the same as being friends or colleagues or band mates. It is just starting, or maybe it has always been there, but it takes one step at time and he is so scared of messing up, too, that he can almost feel the fears his heart holds.

They are too close when he looks up and Myungjun is so beautiful, all flushed, eyes wide -Minhyuk hopes, while the world spins.

Myungjun hesitates, then presses a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks", he says shyly. "I owe you one"

They are not there yet, but Minhyuk doesn't care -he can still hold his hand, and Myungjun's bright smile is worth all the wait.