Hounding Around

My dad and I teamed up to track down Matt.  We were following a stream when we reached a bridge where his body lay in the shallow water.  I brushed my snout over him without actually smelling him and picked up Gerard's scent.  I've had the pleasure of never meeting him.  But he had been around Scott and by around I mean he stabbed Scott quite good recently.  So I recognized his scent from Scott.  I shifted back as did my dad.  I couldn't talk to him anymore since we were different packs.

"Gerard killed him.  He has control of the kanima." I stated.  

When we shift we might be able to appear back in our clothes thanks to the magic but we can't keep our cell phones or other belongings.  So before shifting I alerted my mate to alert the Stilinski.

"You told your mate right?" Armand asked.

"Oui mon pere." I answered.

Soon enough the Sheriff and a deputy I hadn't met before pulled up to the scene.  I wasn't paying attention as Stilinski introduced the deputy to us.  I was frozen staring as he held out his hand I grasped it and I knew.

"Hellhound." I whispered so low a human wouldn't hear.

My dad's ears pricked up as did the deputy's.  I watched as his eyes turned an orange color briefly.  Orange might not be right.  It was like flames.  Embers burning.

"I'm sorry what was your name again Deputy?  I wasn't paying attention." I said with a smile.

I knew then and there who he was meant for but it wasn't their time yet.  She was still a minor and his story wasn't yet to be told.

"Deputy Jordan Parrish ma'am." Deputy Parrish answered.

"It's nice to meet you Deputy.  I wish it could be under better circumstances.  My father and I were hiking and decided to follow the stream into town when we came across this unfortunate soul.  I can't be sure who it is as I didn't want to disturb the scene.  I only checked for a pulse and decided to wait for your arrival." I answered.

"Thank you.  I'm going to let you both go on home so you aren't in the way of our CSI.  If we have further questions we'll contact you." Stilinski stated.

"Thank you Sheriff.  Let's go mon cheri." Armand said.  

We left the way we came and shifted once we were out of sight.  The next day the Sheriff confirmed the victim as the student we were looking for which meant Gerard was now the master.  Over the next few day's my father's pack has been quiet and not sharing information with us.  I of course already knew what they were plotting as it was part of the vision that sent me here.

"They're closing in on Gerard and are requesting backup." Derrick called out to me.

"Let's go then." I answered with an easy grin.  

Our pack got into different a couple vehicles and drove to their location.

"Lydia you have to remind him who he is.  It might take your scream.  You got it?" I asked.

"I can do this." Lydia swore.

Soon we were pulling up to a warehouse and went inside.

"The man of the hour." Gerard declared with his eyes on my mate.

"What do you want Gerard?" Derrick asked as he crossed his arms.

"I'm so glad you asked!  You see my granddaughter here would like to avenge her mother's murder but I want something different.  You'll either give it to me or she'll slaughter everyone here and I'll just take what I want.  Which will it be?" Gerard asked.

"No, Allison not again." Chris stated as he entered the scene.

"They're the reason mother is dead!  How dare you not allow me this?" Allison sneered.

"Poor easily manipulated Allison.  How many times will you let one of your insane family members manipulate you before you learn your lesson?  First your mother wasn't murdered.  She committed suicide because of her biased hatred over what she could have become instead.  That's not murder.  Second, her letter left behind and your grandfather helped manipulate you but they're both liars.  She was turned by another Alpha.  A pack of Alphas that are on their way here.  Mark my words on that one.  It was neither my mate or Scott that had her turned.  Even if they had it would have been in self defense.  Your mom brought it on herself.  She went after them and she lost.  But please by all means listen to your deranged grandfather." I said with a wave of my hand.

"She's right Allison.  Your mother told me the truth which is different from the letter she left you that I didn't know about.  You're being manipulated and I'd like to know why." Chris said with his last words being directed at his father.

"I have terminal cancer.  I'm dying.  But why should I when they can give me the gift?" Gerard asked in all his entitled madness.

I watched Allison and Chris both rear back as if they'd been slapped.

"I WANTED MY WIFE TO LIVE BUT YOU REMINDED US OF OUR OATH ON THE BITE.  BUT NOW IT'S OK BECAUSE IT'S YOU NEEDING IT?!  SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!" Chris shouted.

Meanwhile Allison slowly turned her bow in her grandfather's direction as tears slid down her cheeks.  It was then the kanima on it's master's command snatched Allison and held her in the air as her bow clattered to the floor beneath her.

"Derrick you will give me the bite or you will all die.  Scott you will help this to happen or I will kill Allison." Gerard ordered.

"Do it Derrick.  Trust me when I say he won't win." I murmured for only Derrick's ears.

Derrick nodded as he approached the despicable old man.  He shifted just his teeth and then bit into Gerard's arm.  Immediately Gerard weakened and fell to the ground bleeding a black sludge like substance.

"Lydia now." I said.

"Jackson.  It's me Lydia.  Here's your key Jackson.  You wanted it back, remember?  Remember me.  Remember who you are.  Remember bowling?  All the times I had you watch The Notebook?  Lacrosse?  Your best friend Danny?  Your parents who though they adopted you still love you as their own?  You have a pack if you so choose Jackson.  You just need to remember." Lydia said.

The kanima still stood before us holding Allison, unmoving.  Lydia took a deep breath.

"Jackson.  I love you.  I LOVE YOU." Lydia declared loudly.

Jackson slowly began lowering Allison but then stalled.  It wasn't enough.

"Scream." I uttered.

And so she did.  Allison dropped to the ground and Jackson began shifting back to human when Gerard shot him from where he laid on the ground.

"Derrick." I ordered as I kicked the gun away from the old bastard.

Derrick didn't need further instructions as he lunged forward and bit Jackson.  Gerard somehow got away while we all watched Jackson.  I slipped out after him and killed him just as I did Kate.  He would not be back to bring about the apocalypse for supes.  I was going to bury him as I did Kate but then a hellhound appeared before me and took the body.  I knew then it would be fine and let him go with Gerard's body.