05

TW: maltreatment

A few days passed and the routine was the same, Ran would drive and pick her up from work everyday. However, the week will soon end and God knows what will happen after. She didn't saw the male that was continuously bothering her, she couldn't lie, she like that nobody was bothering her, though she feared that Ran might did something to him and she will eventually get in big problems for it. Since she not only hide a criminal in a way but she also made him kill someone in a way.
But the next thing she knows is she has to get done her annoying co-worker autopsy, which of course made her think if it was Ran who did it. Luckly, he was her last 'pacient' for the day and it means that she won't have to call Ran while being at work and ask him about it, not only that there will be romours about her everywhere, there will also be the question 'did you killed him?' and everyone would hear that and would start asking questions about it.

[...]

"Did you had a good day?" Ran asked as the y/n got inside his car and noticing her pissed off expression. "Probably not."
"Ran Haitani, did you killed that bastard?" she asked angrily.
"Firstly, you are so hot when you are mad, did someone told you that? Secondly, sweetheart, you need to be more precise. I kill thousands of bastards everyday." he said, slowly driving away from the clinic.
"The one that was hitting on me, my co-worker." she said rolling her eyes and trying to forget his compliment.
"Ohhh, that one." he said smiling. "No, I didn't. Wish I did though, he was pretty annoying." he said glancing at the woman from time to time. "Why though?" he curiously asked.
"I had to do his autopsy." she said.
"Now, that's interesting. Tell me more." he said smirking.
"He had like 3 fingers chopped off, about 32 stabs on his whole body more exact, 23 on his stomach and the rest on different body places. He didn't had any nails and one eye was pulled out and put inside his mouth." she explained what she saw.
"That seems like gang stuff to me." he said getting the females attention. "I guess he just messed with someone he shouldn't and lead to his dead." the woman nodded understanding the situation.
"I mean, he took drugs so, yeah, it might be that. He was also not the smartest person ever." the female said.
"Thought, I don't know about you, but if i see someone in their eye in their mouth i would pee my pants and have nightmares for months." he said trying to bring up the atmosphere, making the female laugh.

At least she laughs at my lies.

"It doesn't look that bad, come on." she said trying to calm herself.
"The description is bad." he said.
"It doesn't look that bad. Wanna see?" she asked as she pulled her phone out, making the man to stop the car and to look at her confused.
"Did you took photos?" he asked confused.

Is she crazy or am I crazy?

"Of course. As we can't give the family's or the detectives the original photos that are done with a professional camera, since it's proof and basically goes directly to the police section, we take photos with our photos and send them to the respective detective." she said scrolling down on her phone and quickly tapping on something. "Look." she showed him the photos.
"That looks bad, man. I almost feel bad for him. Though I said 'almost' so i don't give a shit about him but that still looks bad." he said making the woman laugh again. "Now that I remember, it's only 3 days left and our deal will end or to be more exact some parts of it." he said smirking.
"What do you mean? I sign your papers and it's done. We can forget about each other after it." she said rolling her eyes.
"How could i forget someone I start having interests in? You also know who I am and what I do, you can always be a snitch. Plus, you didn't keep it fair, i wasn't supposed to be boyfriend only your taxi. When I told you I want you as my partner, I mean it." he said locking the car so the woman can't get out. "From what i remember, last time we talk about this you run away. So let's be some grown adults and talk about our problems and not running away from them, shall we?" he asked smirking as the woman had no escape.

Fuck. I mess it up again.

This will be so much fun.