a fateful encounter

it was a snowy night in mid november, the wind was howling as i made my way to the kitchen. the lights began to flicker and all i could do was sit and hope that the power would last long enough for me to microwave a nice, juicy breakfast hot pocket.
as i opened the freezer to grab one of the little rectangles of goodness, there was a knock at the door. i jumped, startled. i warily approached the door, and as i looked out the glass, i saw the face of a tall, mysterious man.
a normal woman living in the woods, with no people around for miles and no family to report her missing would be frightened. but my horror movie protagonist instincts kicked in, and i opened the door.
"h...hey there.." i stuttered

i believe i may have drooled a little, as i stared at his nice, toned abs

i assume he may have noticed, as he let out a muttered hello

i assume he may have noticed, as he let out a muttered hello. his voice was so deep, my poor little heart couldnt help but race. i quickly looked away from his chest, in a last ditch effort at being discreet. it failed. "c...can i help you..." i coughed, staring at the wall. if he was a serial killer he couldve taken me down right there tbh.
"can i... come in.." "just until the storm is over, i promise i'll leave after" he hurriedly added. such a gentleman, doing the bare minimum to not make me nervous!!! king behavior. me being the soft uwu girl i am, happily let this 6'9 mysterious stranger into my home.
as i closed the door and the mysterious stranger stood in the doorway, i was able to get a better look at his face

when i tell you i was SWOONING!!! stuttering, i asked him to take a seat as i blushed a deep crimson. he looked SO badass. as i finally retrieved the glorious hot pocket and prepared to put it in the microwave, the power suddenly went out.
i shrieked, tripping on a conveniently placed shoe. as i started to descend to the ground, i felt a strong pair of arms grip my waist. "watch where you step" it was... the stranger!!! he saved me!! i placed my hand on his chest for support as i regained my balance, unable to help the growing blush spreading across my face.
"i uhm.... never got your name" he coughed awkwardly, setting me down. "o...oh! my name is leopurr but you can call me leo hehe." "oh cool... mines kain." suddenly, as if on queue, the power turned back on.
as i FINALLY microwaved my beloved breakfasty goodness, the heat in my face just wouldnt leave.... slowly, losing all control of my body, i walked up to kain. "k...kain i... i have to tell you something..." at this point i probably looked like bob the tomato, my face was so red. but i didnt care.
"kain...im.... i think im in l-" before i could finish he cut me off. "stop... dont finish that sentence. leopurr i havent been completely honest with you...." he muttered. "im.... a vampire!!"
i froze for a second, i was shocked, but i didnt care. my mouth was moving on its own "i dont care if ur  vampire u dummy!!!! i want to spend the rest of my life with you!!!"
the room went silent, and then beep, beep, beep the microwave was done. i grabbed my hot pocket and left it to sit "do you um... want one..." i blushed. you could cut the tension with a knife. "yeah... sure..." "we are out of breakfast ones... i hope pepperoni is okay."
i set the microwave timer and sighed. "listen kain i.... i dont care that you're a vampire. im in love with you!" i leaned in closer.
"i love you too leopurr..." kain cupped my cheek and then....

beep, beep, beep the microwave went off again

beep, beep, beep the microwave went off again. as i grabbed the hot pocket, kain looked visibly nervous. "whats the matter?" i asked him. "leopurr i have..
one more thing i didnt tell you..." before i could ask what, he slid a book across the table. i was in disbelief. shocked, disgusted even. i didnt know how to react.
"leopurr... i am a vampire... but i am also a son of god...." choking back tears, i screamed. "HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME?????!?,!,?? i dont CARE if you're a vampire... but a CHRISTIAN??" i was sobbing at this point, as kain tried to comfort me, i pulled away. i was utterly heartbroken. how could things go so wrong?
"leopurr im... im sorry okay!!! please give me another chance!!" kain cried, begging on his knees for forgiveness. "how could i possibly trust you again?" i cried.
"we can fix this honey boo bear... you just gotta give me the chance!" his muscular arms were on my shoulders now, his bright red orbs staring into my ocean blue ones. "o...okay..." he gave me a kiss on the cheek and muffled a thank you. it was hard, trusting him after this secrecy. but i had to try. for us.
as kain took a bite of his yumalicious pizza hot pocket, he fell to the ground dramatically and began to choke. "KAIN WHATS WRONG??" i screamed in panic, holding him in my arms. please no, dont take my snuggy wuggykins!!!
"l...leopurr.... what was... i...in.... that hot.... pocket..." kain hissed, his health rapidly deteriorating. "nothing!!! just pepperoni,cheese, garl- oh. oh no!!! kain!!!" i began to sob. how could i be so stupid???2?2?2? everyone knows vampires cant consume garlic!!!!
"im *sob* so sorry kain!!!" i cried into his chest, gripping him tighter.
"le...leopurr.... the *cough* last 10 minutes ive known you.... have been... the happiest... in my whole life...." i simply nodded my head, hot tears falling down my face as i watched my little discord kitten turn to ash

"im so sorry... kain..."