Chapter 7

Chapter 7

OMOLARA'S POV

I reached my apartment and my friends didn’t even let me breath before asking questions.
“How was it?” Bisi asked.
“Give us the full gist” Amanda said, I opened my mouth to talk but Rita didn’t even let me speak.
“Omo, hurry up. Stop hiding gist”
“Wait now, it was okay” I replied.
“Are you kidding me? This was your first date and it was just okay. Give us the juice joor.” Amanda said.
I told them everything from how disappointed I was at first to how good I felt at the end.
“My own problem is that he didn’t dress up for you. A whole spec like you oh” Bisi said.
“I don’t blame you for being disappointed” Amanda added.
“But it was not that bad, right?” I asked and they all nodded.
“So you just had your first kiss” Rita teased me.
“Shut up” I glared at her.
“So do you like him? Enough to date him?” Rita asked.
“He’s alright” I shrugged.
“Eh ehn oh, did you hear the question at all?” Bisi asked me.
“Yes but I don’t want to rush and make a mistake” I replied.
“No one is asking you to rush, take your time and be careful” Rita said.
“Okay, thanks. Wetin una chop?”
“While you were enjoying yourself, we were eating fried yam and egg. No more egg in the house” Amanda said
“Eh, you guys will always finish the eggs na. When one person will eat three eggs just for one meal, how won’t it finish?”
“Abeg oh no dey insult us oh” Bisi said. I just laughed, these three could it a whole lion and still be hungry.
“Now that you are back, I have something to announce to all of you. Two months ago, I was talking about selling wigs remember? Well, I’ve finally saved up to buy the first twenty wigs and sell them. So next week, I’ll get the wigs and start my business” Rita said. I was so happy for her, she had siblings who would always call her for money. She would always find some money for them, even when she was broke.
“I'm happy for you” Amanda, Bisi and I said at the same time.
“Thank you so much”
“I'll finally change this my worn out wig” Amanda said looking at her pitiful wig.
“I’m not giving you for free oh” Rita said and Amanda pouted. So she really wanted to get a free wig, Amanda could be so insensitive at times.
“Amanda, when you go start your own business?” I asked.
“Me? Please oh, I’m not done with the baby girl lifestyle yet. No be everybody go start business” She replied. Sometimes, I wonder how this girl became my friend.
“Leave her, she doesn’t get it yet” Rita said.
“Father Lord, any spirit that has come to annoy me this night, I bind and cast” Amanda responded with what was supposed to be a prayer.
“God will not answer such prayers please” I replied.
“Oya oh, let’s go to bed. It’s 11:30pm already. The way time goes when we are talking ehh” Bisi said as we all checked the time. We went to our rooms, I went to shower and got ready for bed.

I held my phone and saw a missed call from Ayodeji. I called back but he didn’t pick. I guess he was sleeping.
Bisi looked at me and smiled, I smiled back.
“Is he the one you want? I just want you to be careful”
“I am”

  The next morning, I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Ayodeji.
“Hey pretty eyes, how was your night?”
“It was great”
“I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the time I spent with you”
“I enjoyed it too” I smiled. Sadly, he couldn’t see the smile.
“So we are meeting on Sunday, right?”
“Yeah, we are”
“I’ll dress up this time”
“I'll hold you on that”
“Uhmm, so the kiss….”
“Ayodeji, don’t go there yet, please”
“Okay, take care”
“You too”
“Bye”
“Bye” I replied and ended the call. I’m sure I was smiling too much by now.
“Hmmm, God when” Bisi said, teasing me. I threw a pillow at her and she laughed.
Maybe just maybe, he might be my first boyfriend.