[ 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 ]

while stella was looking for conrad's keys, she found the little bag with the infinity necklace in it. he still hadn't given isabel the necklace.

dipshit behavior, she thought then laughed to herself.

the car ride to the bakery was peaceful. i mean, as peaceful as it could get. there was obvious tension from the night before because of daniel, but jeremiah fixed that one with the magic of the aux. he played some of her favorite songs from a playlist that they had made when they were 13.

they were waiting in line at the bakery. there was only one person in front of them. it was an older-looking woman with a cardigan that reminded the two teenagers of taylor swift.

the bakery was never busy. not many people got up early and chose to go to the bakery on cousins beach. they had recently installed a starbucks last summer so the bakery's sales had gone down.

once they reached the counter, an old woman behind the counter greeted them. "good morning. what can i get for y'all?"

stella smiled at the woman and looked at jeremiah expectantly. he always ordered what they needed. it had always been this way. whenever they went anywhere, she always had someone else order for her because, to her, it was nerve-wracking.

it was usually conrad who did the ordering for her, but jeremiah felt more than honored to fulfill that role occasionally.

the woman filled up the box of muffins as jeremiah was describing their order. stella liked the muffins that tasted like coffee cake. those were her favorite.

after stella had insisted to pay for the muffins, jeremiah handed the woman some cash and told her to keep the change. the woman smiled at them. "you two are just darling. you remind me of my husband and i back in the day."

stella let out a little laugh and shook her head. "oh- no, we're just-"

"that's adorable," jeremiah smiled sweetly at the woman. "tell joe i said hi, by the way."

"will do!" she replied then pointed at stella. "don't let her get into too much trouble."

jeremiah laughed and put an arm around her. "i do my best."

and that was stella's morning. she ate her muffin that was basically a coffee-cake equivalent in jeremiah's car, ignoring his warnings to not make too big of a mess.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

isabel was waiting in the car with laurel, leaving only stella to say her good-byes to taylor. taylor was leaving cousins beach and going back home.

"i'm going to miss you so much, you don't even know," stella said in her hug with the blonde girl. "i can't believe i won't see you until next summer."

"i can't believe i don't get to see you or the hot boys until next summer," she added, making stella think back to this morning and her daydream about jeremiah.

she smiled awkwardly. "yeah, whatever. they're not much fun anyways," she joked, knowing that that was a complete lie.

"easy for you to say." taylor rolled her eyes playfully. she poked at stella's shoulder. "you have both of the fisher boys wrapped around you finger."

stella's jaw dropped. "what? no, i don't," she denied. 

at least, not jeremiah, she thought.

taylor's smile dropped, making stella wondered what could have possibly been so disappointing to look at behind her. she turned around and was greeted with an uncomfortable looking isabel.