Chapter 11

Alexa

Paul was being really weird, and Diana was being... silent. Paul was avoiding my gaze, I knew I was glaring, but he owed us an explanation. He fiddled with his coat like that was a thing he did now? But, finally looked up, "That, eh, she, is my sister." He managed to get out.

"I knew it!" "You've got to be kidding me." Diana and I exclaimed over each other. I set my eye daggers to destroy. "More information please."

"We have the same parents."

"I gathered that part! Why are you both weird vampires?" I slammed my fists on the old oak dining table, leaving small dents. Paul furrowed his brows, squinting, shrugging, "Our parents are vampires. We're just like them." This boy, I sat down with equal frustration to when I got up. Diana was elated with his disclosure. "You were born a vampire?" Her eyes sparkled, Paul caught his breath, his eyes sparkling back as if he was ready to tell her everything. "Yes I know they weren't at some point, but it's complicated, my mom had something like an argument with Hades..." He stopped himself. "More importantly, my sister has been told to kill you, Lex."

"Thank you for the prior warning. Did the orders happen to come from the same person who sent you?"

"Yes."

"Who is?"

"Papa." Paul gulped. Diana squeaked in excitement again, "Is your father the king of the vampires? The creator of the vampires? Are you Dracula's son? The next prince of darkness or whatever he called himself?"

"Vlad... is-s not for me to say." He was fiddling exactly the same way he did when he talked about his sister, great. A whole family of them. "Spit it out, Paul!"

"He was my half-brother I never met him. Now Zoe's the dangerous one." "Why does she have pink hair?" Diana asked, even more off on one.

"The chick loves attention, and Pap's attention more than anyfing. ¿Comprende...?" He inflected hard. "You both should disappear. I can lead it on a trail."

"You have just openly admitted she's extremely dangerous! Paul, all I want to know is how to destroy her. Otherwise, she will slaughter people on a whim like today."

"Lex, Lex. She did that to lure you out. Also, destroy her? Nah, she is my sister."

"To lure me out, how much did you tell her about me? Us? This rather crazy living arrangement you've seated us with."

"Don't blame me, you messed up! Took me one day to find ya, and Zoe's well you saw."

"Alexa honey, I think we have stayed in the same place for too long." She overtly nodded to Paul and grinned.

"We are not going anywhere."

"Really should, she's a nutter. "

"I concur. Alexa start packing this instant."

"No!" I growled.

"D is not here so I make the rules and we are going young lady!"

"Exactly! You may have forgotten your uncle, but if we leave, leave a false trail, how could he ever find us? We need a plan to take this vampire out or trap her. And, if neither of you are going to help me, I better get onto it!" With a violent screech on the wooden floor, I withdrew my chair and charged out. Hearing only the faint, "I keep on messing up further and further." Escape Diana's lips.

I had always put a lot of pressure on myself, and one of the perks of having a destiny meant I at least know the direction to pressure myself. I had to stop this, 'Paullita' from hurting anyone else. However, realisation dawned. From living in close quarters with Paul for the last month, I couldn't yet, I had found nothing that truly hurt him. Even multiple wooden bullets to the banshee's head and heart hadn't fazed Paul as he picked me up, or maybe their familiar relationship was that awful he didn't care?

He had survived garlic, lemon juice, anti-coagulant EDTA, lime juice, holy water, sulphuric acid, bleach, and blessed bread in the food; a stake to the heart; and a cleave to the neck that I surely had cut his head clean off but he caught it and placed it back on, with nothing but 'Ow! Watch it, that knife is pretty big.' Then went back to looking back into the duck pond. I had even tried a fair few ways that would kill any living thing, including trying to suffocate him in an unconscious state with a pillow, setting multiple blood bags draining him dry of blood, and when that didn't work I'd put it in the fridge for him to consume later. Was I looking at it the wrong way? Every other vampire I had ever come across simply needed a quick poke of the heart and 'poof' simples. I delved through my arsenal, there were a lot of weapons I had yet to implement in a vampire's destruction, but since the fire breather, D and I had come to the agreement that learning how to use say a chainsaw, wouldn't be a bad thing. I had yet to try the least subtle methods of dismembering Paul because whatever I shouted I did respect Diana and that the small woman liked and trusted him somehow. So as I see it I have a flamethrower, chainsaw, bazooka, and C4s to try.

Now for the strategy! I leapt up the stairs carrying my gear, taking up D's no Diana's position at the computer monitors. There had to be a way to sneak up on this creature, I would probably have to follow all its movements until I find a semblance of a den and schedule. It was going to be a long night. A long week a long year.

But, I would find him  Father was out there, somewhere...

---

Thus concludes the novella Blame the Blood, the first of a multi-book series.

Be warned the second is a romance, and I don't know how to tone down the steam.