six] things you can't outrun p1

six] - things you can't outrun p1

-

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing loudly, Fifth Harmony's Worth It playing through the room.

"Hello?" I groaned, answering the phone with my eyes still closed.

"Ella?" Caitlyn asked. I sighed and felt my shoulders move up and down.

"Caitlyn. It's literally." I opened my eyes, seeing the time was 6:23.

"Six thirty in the morning. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to know if you'd like to come down and meet the Wests." I shot up, my eyes opening and my hair flying into my face.

"Um, yes!" I yelled excitedly.

Sam popped her head in the room. "Love to what?" I turned to her, muting my mic for a second.

"Meet the family of Caitlyn's friend. Please, Sam?" I pouted, knowing she couldn't resist my lovely brown eyes and rosy cheeks.

Sam sighed slowly, her shoulders rising and falling dramatically.

"I guess. I'll meet up with management so we can talk more about the video, which has to be done, by the way. No way around it, El." She consoled me as I dramatically fell back against my pillows.

"Thank you, Sammy!" I yelled as she left, waving behind herself.

"Caitlyn?" I unmuted my mic, so she could hear me.

"This is Barry now. Caitlyn is currently testing my blood." He sighed. "Again."

"Oh, hey Barry. Tell Caitlyn I'll be there in a half hour."

"Will do. See you soon, Ella."

"See you, Barry." I hung up, putting my phone back on charge and getting up to get dressed.

I decided to wear a white crop top with matching white shorts, and black combat boots. I tied a red plaid flannel around my waist and tied my long, brown hair into a floppy bun. Right before I left, I stole a pair of Sam's black sunglasses.

-

I still got lost at least five times trying to find my way through STAR Labs, and came across a lot of wreckage. I'd managed to stun Hartley with my Googled-knowledge of the particle accelerator, but how much did I really know about it? Could it really have been this devastating?

After finding the main room, I snuck up behind Caitlyn and looked at what she was doing.

"What is that?" I asked, confused. Caitlyn jumped and nearly hit her head on my chin.

"It's..." She sighed, her heart probably still racing.

"The plans for a restaurant that a mobster family was attacked at. I'm trying to see if what killed them was a metahuman, seeing as all exits were locked and whatever killed them exited their bodies immediately." I nodded along, a frown on my face.

"Eleanor." I looked up and saw Hartley ruffling through a few large papers, probably more blueprints.

"Hartley. You can call me Ella, you know." I spoke, straightening my back.

"I know. I call you Eleanor because I can tell it bothers you." He smirked and I rolled my eyes as he walked up beside Caitlyn, laying the blueprints down.