- prologue

A GROUP OF five friends was hanging around a house under construction

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A GROUP OF five friends was hanging around a house under construction. A brunette-haired boy stood on the roof. He was drinking a beer and balancing himself. One of the friends, who had dark skin and was holding a power tool, was on the ground. A blonde boy sat on the scaffolding. The girl with short curly hair was sitting on the floor. The other girl with darker skin, and long, curly hair, was inside the house.

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

"Please be careful John b." The girl from the floor yelled up to the boy on the roof.

"I am, don't worry."

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival." The dark-skinned boy spoke up and the brunette boy tested the air.

"Should I do it?" He asked.

"Yeah, jump." The dark-skinned boy said.

"John b."

"I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" The two boys pretended to shoot each other.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." The other girl said coming out of the house.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" The blonde said.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I love turtles." The girl says with a smile as she is standing up.

"I can't have cold towels."

"Can you please not kill yourself?"

"I'm scared he's gonna fall."

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." The blonde said and as if on cue, the brunette drops it.

"Woah! Oh, shit."

"Of course you did."

"Smooth."

"Good job!"

"A-plus."

"Dumbass."

"Hey, uh, security's here." The dark-skinned boy said, tapping the railing.

"I didn't get to finish my beer."

"Let's wrap it up."

"Boys are early today. Humpty Dumpty, let's roll." The blonde said, standing up.

"Yea." The brunette said.

"Let's go, boys and girl."

"Gary is that you? It's me. Gary good to see you, man!"

"Is it time?" The dark-skinned boy asked.

"You're asking for it." The other girl said, her hair was half up and half down.