You May Kiss Your Bride to Be

It was when the four of us met.....

*Flashback*

And we were all at my temple. A lot was to get done, and my identical but older by a minute sister, Sarvente, insisted on coming along with her husband, Ruvyzvat, and his younger sister to help. It was about time that I got to get my temple up and running, it's been neglected for years, due to some issues, but I finally got the motivation to continue what I can do best, lead my brothers and sisters to heaven.....

I haven't seen Sarv in so long, and me in that moment, was shivering head to toe; I was beyond nervous to hear those doors knock, opening them to see my sister, her husband, and their lovely children, Selever and Rasazy.

Then sounded the door.

I made my last second fixes at the mirror, straightening my pink hair and my "priest uniform" so to speak. I took a deep breath to calm myself and my shaking. At least it helped a little. Until the door sounded again.

I grab the knob ring, and slowly opened the doors with all of my might. Then, there they are. After 20 years, she's back, all of them are.

"Sarvente!" I said with all of of joy, hugging her dearly. "Oh my Lord, it's been so long! How have you been?"

"I've been wonderful! Everything is going really well!" She replied.

"I'm so glad to hear that! Come on in! I can put some coffee on and after we can get started."

Then, I swiftly motioned everyone to come in, because I didn't want the cold fall air to consume me. When I'm cold, I slow down and can't function well.....where was I?.....oh yes....so, I led everyone to the table, a small one to fit at least seven at a circular table. I was usually talking to Sarv and Ruv, then the kids, the whole time. To be honest, I was nervous about the new one....I wasn't too familiar with her....she looked as if she was Ruv's female counterpart. The brewer sounded, as the pot was done making the coffee, and separate cocoa for Rasazy. I brought mugs and the pot of coffee to the table, setting them down and beginning to pour each mug, the only empty seat left was the one next to Ruv's sister. Why I felt anxiety and intimidation? I don't know. I've gotten used to Ruv by now, but something was...different, when I was around her.

I noticed her staring intently at my actions off the corner of my eye, me becoming tranced in her glare. The third cup wasn't the charm, looking back to it overfilled and on the table, the pot continuing to pour as I snapped out of it, and burned my hand.

"Yow!" I yelped, grasping my hand tightly to counteract the scalding pain. I groaned and sweat to my brow, standing there with a burn.

"O my Lord!!" Exclaimed Sarvente. "Come on, I'll help you rinse out that burn with cold water!" Sarvente rushed over to me, guiding me to the temple kitchen sink out of the room with the rest of the family.....I completely embarrassed myself....but I didn't care that I messed up in front of the family....it was the Ruv girl I was worried about messing up in front of.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

Sarv ran the water, taking off her glove to test the temperature before she put my hand under the current. Of course, she made sure it wasn't freezing, but cold enough to soothe the burn. She gently grabbed the burned hand and placed it on the flow of water, a finger or section or two at a time. I winced from the contrast of the heat of my hand being replaced with icy water. The skin was very sensitive and red. I breathed through my teeth quickly from the first touch.

"Take a deep breath," she said. "You're going to be fine. The burn isn't that bad."

But I wasn't going to be fine....I was just so confused on why I felt so embarrassed when I burned my hand and made a huge mess in front of that girl. It was strange. Ironically, I started to heat up, and my cheeks became a bright crimson red, fading to a pink. I looked down in nervousness.