Chapter 9

Edited

{Emiko's POV}

I didn't really know what happened. All I could see was darkness. It was pitch black. I found myself laying on the floor and I sat up. I looked around but I couldn't even see one figure but myself. Am I dead? I thought as I hoisted myself up from the floor and stood on my feet. There was a flash, it was too bright so I looked away. 

When the light had lessen it's brightness, I uncovered my eyes to see a shocking sight before me. There was a girl. She was quite young. Brown hair, reddish eyes. She looked like me. That was when I realised she WAS me.

"Hello." The younger version of me greeted, smiling brightly at me. I didn't know how to respond. Maybe this was a dream, maybe I'm really going crazy.

"You're not going crazy, silly." She stated, walking up to me.

"Then why am I here? Am I dead? Am I just dreaming or am I-" I started but stopped when she raised her hand. I quietened down.

"A question at a time. You're not dead. You may have it your way and call this a dream but this is reality. I travelled from the past and stopped time just when you blacked out. I was the one who caused that. I needed to speak with you." She said softly.

"Well go on then.." I crossed my arms as I spoke impatiently.

"Present Emiko.. There will be someone you've once met as a child. I don't suppose you remember him though it was only one glance at him. He is a very dangerous man, you have find out more information about him."

"I have other things to deal with then investigate about some man." I hissed as she glared at me.

"He isn't just some man, in any point he's actions can affect negatively in your future!" The younger me exclaimed, flapping her arms around in frustration.

I sighed, "Oh alright! Alright! I get it, now will you please press the play button so I could continued to live my life now?"

She rolled her eyes and immediately disappeared from my sight. Suddenly, I felt dizzy and I was completely consumed in the darkness.

When I opened my eyes, I was laying on my bed. Sweat beads covered my forehead as I sat up, laying against the headboard. That was when I noticed that a figure had wrapped their hand on mine and had tightly clutched to it. Their head was buried into the blanket. Obviously it was Zero.

"Mm." He mumbled, opening his perfect lilac eyes. They soon widened as he noticed me. Sitting up and clearing his throat, I looked away from him. Not wanting to talk to him.

"M-Miko.. are you feeling alright? I found you sitting against a tree with your eyes closed so I tried waking you up you wouldn't, I started panicking so I carried you back here." Again, he received silent treatment so he continued.

"Look.. I'm sorry for everything okay? I didn't mean to use you for your blood, it was just that Yuuki was offering her blood even though I declined. I felt guilty for feeding off of you these past few years. I really hope that you find it your heart to forgive me. I really love you. That's the reason I show most of my emotions to you."

My bored eyes enlarged, I turned to look at him. Did he just say he.. L-Loves me?! I noticed a light shade of pink covering his pale cheeks. He scratched his head and stood up, then he turned his body so that he wasn't facing me. I removed the blankets from me and got off of the bed, hugging him from behind.

".Miko?"

"..I love you too."
___________________________

A few hours had gone by, Zero told me to stay in bed. He had other duties to attend to but he said he'll be back as soon as possible. I smiled when he kissed me on the forehead before taking off. His warm lips still lingering on my forehead.

I slowly got bored and all I could do in this state is read a book or look out of the window and envy those who are outside. I suddenly heard tapping from outside of my window. Leaning forward, there stood Akatsuki with a smirk playing on his lips.

Throwing my blanket on the floor, I crawled towards the window and lifted it open. "What?" My cracked voice said.

"I'm meant to be in class right now but who cares about that. I rushed here to see if you were okay, anyway, It's not like I have anything else to do." He shrugged.

"I'm fine now bu-"

"Akatsuki Kain! Where the heck are you?~ I'm coming to get you like Jeff the Killer~" Hanabusa's voice was scary.

"Sorry, I gotta escape blondie. See ya." He waved and walked off calmly.

***

See you next time.