ONE

ONE

Lennox Knight loved her best friend.

She had met Gina Schumacher at a modelling event where the German had been a guest with her mother. Lennox was a small time fashion designer at the time, having just graduated from fashion college.

One of her designs had been shown at the event, which turned out to be a hit with the German girl and her mother. They had asked to meet the designer behind the tartan outfit that they loved so much and found a rather shy French speaking American girl at the back of the backstage room sketching away a new design.

Every design that she had, Gina loved, with the blonde even offering to give her a platform by wearing the designs in public.

Gina not only gave her a chance to make it in the fashion world, but she also gave her friendship. She was always there when Lennox created a new design, cheering her on and supporting her and Lennox was proud to call Gina, her best friend.

Gina had taught her to ride a horse, to speak english, to drive a car, and to handle her alcohol but she had also taught her about self love, to look after herself when she spent long days in her workshop, to be happy with who she was and to not let people get her down.

She loved her so much.

Gina loved Lennox Knight.

Lennox was shy upon first meeting her, but as soon as the girl was comfortable with her, Lennox was amazing. She was funny, out going, supportive, and like a completely different person.

Lennox taught Gina how to embrace the fun side of life, to not be afraid to laugh, even when the world seemingly caves in on you. Lennox taught her how to model, to speak languages that Gina would have never dreamt of knowing.

She loved her so much.

There was only one thing however, that Lennox did not like about her best friend.

"STOP SNORING, I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!"

Gina awoke with a groan, clutching her head as her best friend had decided to hit her incredibly hard with a pillow.

The blonde pushed herself up from her bed in the apartment that the best friends shared and turned to where her best friend stood beside her bed, the pillow clutched tightly in her hand raised above her head ready to strike again.

"IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN HELP IT!" Gina yelled back before she dodged the hit that would have hit her in the face.

"You can! Don't breathe!" Lennox huffed in annoyance, her body figeting as Gina's eyes softened.

"Have you tried listening to music?" Lennox nodded her head with a frown. "Calming oils?"

"Everything. It's your snoring that's keeping me awake. Just when it works, I hear the sound of a fog horn leaving your mouth and then I'm wide awake all over again." Lennox glared, her eyes red from the lack of sleep that she was feeling.

"I'm sorry, okay. I'll stay awake until you're asleep, then I'll sleep. How's that?" Gina smiled apologetically at the brunette.

"I suppose that it's the best I'll get for now." Lennox nodded, walking out of the bedroom, the pillow she used to wake her friend up still tucked under her arm.

____________________________________________________

"Okay, so the plan is, for you to watch, listen and learn when it comes to the race. Got it?"