chapter 9

Luz's pov

           I woke up the next morning, oddly motivated to ask Amity to Grom. "Today is going to be the day," I said to myself while walking over to my closet.

           I picked out a rainbow striped shirt, black ripped jeans, and the same beanie I wore to the cafe. I got my outfit on and sat at my desk. "Hm, maybe I should write a note for Amity," I said to myself.

           I got out some cute purple post-it notes and a dark purple pen out of my bag. I began write.

             I decided to make it short and simple.

Amity,
Will you go to Grom with me :]
Love Luz.

"It's perfect!" I shouted, seeing the clock. I realized that it was time to leave for school. I put the note in my bag and was about to leave my room when I saw my pin again. "Well, Amity didn't make fun of me for it. She was actually supportive. So maybe everyone else will be, too," I said, putting the pin on my beanie and walking out the door.

Time skip

            When I got to school, there were so many posters for Grom. I started to get worried Amity would reject me, but I decided to ignore it.

            I decided to start heading to class when I was scared by Willow and Gus, almost screaming at me about Grom. "LUZ, IT'S GROMM,"Gus said. "GROM IS COMING UPP! ARE YOU GONNA ASK ANYONE OUT," Willow asked. "Well-" Willow gasped. "SHE ISS!" "Shutuppp," I say before getting interrupted by Bocsha and her friends.

"Oh, look! It's the human misfit," she said laughing, even though the insult wasn't even that creative. Bocsha then looked at my hat. She laughed. "Look at that! The human is gay! I bet she has a crush one of her girl friends," she said, laughing and walking away.

There were so many things I wanted to say to this homophobic bitch. I decided not to, though.

I looked over at Gus and Willow. They were silent and looked guilty. The silence was luckily interrupted by Amity tapping me on the back and saying "hey!" I should have blushed as much as I did, but it was just so cute!

         "Amity," Willow started. "Your hair. It looks amazing!" "Haha, thanks. I just felt like a needed a little change AND IT TOTALLY WASENT TO IMPRESS ANYONE," Amity replied while laughing loudly.

The moment was kind of awkward so I decided to break the awkwardness. "Soo, Amity, are you planing to go to Grom with anyone," I asked.

"There's someone I wanna ask out, but I don't think I could ever have the confidence to ask them. If someone doesn't ask me, I'll probably just stay home," she replied. I wonder who this person she wants to ask out is. Wait, if she wants to ask someone, and it isn't me, then I might not have a chance with her! Oh no, I thought, before looking at a clock realizing it's time for class.

Apparently, Amity was looking at the clocks too because she said "oh, it's time for class," she said starting to walk off with everyone else. Luz, this is your moment. "Amity, wait," I yelled out to her. She stopped walking and looked at me.

"Come with me." I said in a soft voice.

"But, we have to go to class," she said sounding worried.

"Oh screw class. I wanna take you somewhere special."

I held my hand out signaling for her to grab it, and she did. I started taking her somewhere. The same place Eda asked out Raine. Since I knew exactly what tunnels she was talking about, I thought it would be it cool to ask out my crush the same place she asked out hers.

               The tunnel was surprisingly long so it took a while to get to the roof but when we did, it was worth it. Since it was early in the morning, the sun was still rising.

             "Wow, this is beautiful," Amity said while walking over to the edge and sitting down.

              I didn't say anything. I just smiled and walked over and say next to her. We were both silent for a second but then I felt something holding my hand. It was Amity. I couldn't help but blush.

"So, why did you want me to come here?" She asked.

Come on, Luz. You can do this. "Well, I wanted to give you something," I said, handing her the note I had write  earlier.

               I saw her reading the note. Pretty soon, she was blushing just as much as I was. "I-Luz," she said, stuttering.

             Oh no, I made a mistake, didn't I. "You can say no," I said sounding disappointed. "No?" She asked. "Why would I say no? I would love to go to Grom with you. Your who I wanted to ask out."

              She then leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Both our faces were red as a tomato.

             "Oh um, I'm sorry. I have to go to class now. Bye," she said, running off. And all of a sudden, I was alone on the roof.