Chapter 13

During the weekend my mom and I went for a weekend away. We visit my grandma every three months or so and spend the weekend with her. She lives 2 and a half hours away so we leave Friday evening and drive back home Sunday night.

This visit came at the right time as it gave me less of a chance to see Alex. Or so I thought. On Sunday as we were heading in and bringing in our bags, I see Alex's Dad holding the gate open for us. I know this is Alex's dad as he is tall and has Alex's eyes and nose. My mom and I thank him and out appears Alex.

Normally my mom would make conversation with both of them but as of telling her the situation she decides it best to leave it to a simple friendly thanks. She doesn't it see as I do because she says she can she my grades improve and how Alex is a nice boy. Still I am her daughter and does her best not to put me in uncomfortable situations.

I give a smile to Alex's Dad and simply pass by. I don't even know if Alex is looking at me because my eyes are focused on the ground. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------

In the morning, I woke up a bit late so I ran to the school to make it in time, if you come even a minute late the gates close and you have to go through the office to receive a tardy pass. I was two minutes late and had to go to the main office door.

When I enter I see Simon there sitting in one of the chairs. He looks up and notices me.

"You late too?" He says holding up the yellow tardy slip.

Before I could say anything one of the office ladies emerges from one of the doors holding a textbook. Simon gets up and is handed the book.

"Here you go, don't forget to get that to Mr. Gomez and try not to be late again" The office lady says.

"I won't" He says giving her a cheesy smile.

He leaves out the door and the office lady looks at me holding up another tardy slip.

Once I get my tardy slip I head out the door. I see Simon leaning on the door.

Surprised I let out a small shriek to which he laughed at.

"You scared me, what are you doing here?" I asked.

He stopped leaning on the wall, "I already got the tardy slip, why be in a rush to be in homeroom?"

"True" I respond but I'm genuinely curious as to why he wouldn't go homeroom after.

We start walking together, our homeroom classes are near each others so we head that way but walking slowly.

"So is everything good with you and Alex" Simon asks starting the conversation.

"Not really"

"What happened, it looked pretty tense between you two?"

"Well he- he's just" I don't know why I'm so hesitant to explain to Simon the situation. "He can be mean sometimes"

"Huh"

"You don't think so?" I question Simon.

"Alex is really interesting, he helps people but he doesn't go easy on them"

Interesting? Alex? If only Simon could hear the things Alex has said to me. Simon notices the disagreement on my face and says, "Whatever problem you guys have, you should talk about. Get to know him more and let him know you more. Tell him how you feel and he will listen"

"Really?"

"Yeah, you know Flora, the more you spend time with a person the more you see their true personality. Don't think you know everything. Especially with Alex."