Vision Five

March 1

Beyonce was once again left to take care of Alexis on her own. She knew Shawn couldn't come back early again, so she was going to be stuck like this until he was completely done with his work.

"We have these new prints that I think will work well with the darker skin tone models." One of Beyonce's coworkers said. It was that time again for her to get back to business and focus on the clothing lines.

"Let me see the red." The fabric was passed down to the boss lady herself and she examined it. "I guess I'll give it a try." She responded setting the fabric down. She took a quick glance at Alexis to make sure she was doing okay. "You having fun?" Alexis looked at her and shook her head.

"I'm bored." Beyonce suddenly had a moment to herself where she could remember just where this was going to end up. She had to prevent the temper tantrum that she knew was coming, so she quickly stood up.

Alexis looked at her in confusion. She had been noticing that her parents sometimes have this weird way of acting just as she plans to cry. "I'll be right back." Beyonce quickly said as she lifted Alexis off the ground. She carried her outside the office and looked around. "What do you want to do?"

"Go home." The impossible request went in one ear and right out the other. There was no way she could do that, they barely just got here. Beyonce shook her head and Alexis scrunched up her face.

"No, don't cry."

How did she know? How did they always find out what she was planning to do before she did it? Alexis never understood, she thought all parents were like this, but now she was starting to become more aware of the fact that it was just her parents.

She stuck her thumb in her mouth and laid her head down on Beyonce's shoulder. "I'm tired." She said closing her eyes.

"Okay, come on." They walked into the empty office that Beyonce only used for occasions like this. Alexis always needed a room where she could be alone and act up or take a nap in, she couldn't do that when other people were around. Beyonce sat on the couch and rocked Alexis in her arms.

"Can you sing me daddy's song?"

Daddy's song, that's what she called it. It was the song that always played throughout their house when Shawn knew he was in trouble or when he wanted something. It was the song that brought the biggest smile to Beyonce's face, the song that played when Alexis was conceived. All Alexis knew about it was that it put her to sleep; she didn't know how deep the song really was for her parents. "Of course I can." Beyonce said lightly kissing her cheek.

It's undeniable that we should be together
It's unbelievable how I used to say that I'd fall never
The basis you need to know, if you don't know just how I feel,
Then let me show you now that I'm for real
If all things in time, time will reveal

One, you're like a dream come true
Two, just wanna be with you
Three, girl it's plain to see that your the only one for me
Four, repeat steps one through three
Five, make you fall in love with me
If ever I believe my work is done

Then I start Back at One

There was no need to finish, this was the part that Alexis never made it past. Once the chorus was sang, she was out like a light. Beyonce slowly stood up and walked outside. She handed Alexis off to her assistant and went back into her office.

"There you are! We were debating about using the yellow skirt for this season or try and save it for the next one." One of her coworkers announced as Beyonce took a seat.

"Use it now, there's no way we can be sure that yellow will work for what we want in the next collection. Do it now while it's hot and while it works for sure." She responded grabbing a pile of papers. She wished so bad that she could be with her daughter right now, catching some much needed rest, but it was virtually impossible. Everything she had been putting off was now being thrown at her full speed, no time to brake at the moment.

The sad part about all this was that she knew her lifestyle would eventually bring drama into her life, but the dreams didn't tell her that the drama was right around the corner. LITERALLY.