Chapter 13 - Its Not My Thing

Felicity's POV

Robert had tweeted back the girl that sent me the hate tweet, calling her a bad fan and telling her not to speak to me like that. It made me feel guilty as hell for crushing her dreams.

He still had yet to contact me, which broke my heart.

You've just got to forget about him Flick is what I kept telling myself everyday. But seeing his tweets and Facebook posts made that pretty hard.

Parking up at the supermarket, Matt locks the car as I grab a shopping trolley. "I'm deciding what we have for dinner tonight" Matt yells, grabbing the shopping trolley from my hands and gliding towards the entrance.

Walking past all the cooked chickens makes my stomach growl. "I'm so hungryyy" I drawl out, stopping next to the hot chickens and giving Matt an adorable look.

"Really Flick? I said that I wanted to pick what we had for dinner" he frowned, not giving in to the puppy dog eyes that I was trying to pull off.

Reaching forward, I hold Matt's hand and shuffle closer, hoping that body contact will help. "Can't you smell how good that chicken is going to taste? It's calling out to me, it wants us to eat it Matty"

Huffing, he grabs one of the chickens

"Fine, but only because they smell good"

Squealing, I reach up and kiss his furry cheeks. I hated food shopping but the hot chickens counter made it all worth it. Walking a little behind Matt, I notice that he is wearing his jeans low on his hips, making him look like a teenage boy.

Walking as quietly as I can, I grip the backs of his jeans and yank them up, before holding my stomach and laughing "Hey Matt, you're sagging!"

Spinning around, Matt sent me an evil glare.

Walking around the store, my phone vibrates in my pocket, reminding me that I should take it off silent. Pulling it out my pocket I nearly drop it when I see that Roberts name is flashing on my screen. If he thinks that he can just suddenly ring me after no contact for weeks and expect me to pick up straight away, then he is dead wrong. Hitting the ignore button, I take my phone off silent and slide it back into my pocket.

No more than half an hour later, whilst getting the last few items from the shopping list, my phone buzzed and rang from in my pocket. Taking out my phone, Roberts name flashes across the screen again. What if there's something wrong? What if something bad has happened and I just ignored him earlier! I silently panicked.

"Everything ok?" Matt frowned at me.

Clearing my throat awkwardly I hit answer on my phone, "Yeah, I just have to take this"

Pressing the phone to my ear, I scurry down another isle before whispering into the phone "Robert? Are you ok?"

My voice comes out in a questioning manner.

"Why would you think that there is something wrong?" I could almost hear the frown in his voice.

Gaining back a sudden confidence I raise my voice "Hmmm I don't know, maybe because I haven't heard a peep from you since I left!" I was breathing hard down the phone, I'm sure my face was like a tomato.

"Yeah, about that..." He dragged out, irritating me even more. Was he purposely trying to piss me off?!

Counting to ten in my head, I try not to blow up down the phone to him, "Look Robbie- I mean Robert, I get it ok? You're calling me to tell me that we can't be friends anymore because I'm not famous like you are. Please don't make this too painful"

"What are you taking about?!" He shouts in a defensive manner down the phone, "I don't want to stop being your friend Felicity, I've been busy reading a new script, ok I should have called sooner but I needed to keep a clear head"

Huffing, I roll my eyes and glance around the isles. "Am I really that much of a distraction to you?" It hurt to think that he had ignored me for weeks because he thought that I would distract him from his work.

"No Felicity that's not what I meant, it came out wrong. I have been reading a new script, but I've also been helping out at the auditions for the main character of this new movie" Robert pauses, thinking how to word his next sentence. "We haven't been successful in finding the right girl for the main character, so I've been busy trying to convince the producers that I have exactly the right girl for the role, you."

My eyes bug out of their sockets.

"Me?!" I laugh down the phone. "I don't think so Robert, sorry"
He must be crazy if he thinks that I would be any good at acting. I'm far too shy to be making a fool of myself in front of anyone.
"Aww come on Felicity, you lie your way through every day life, pretending not to know me"

He's right, I do.

"Lying is the same as acting, you pretend to be something you're not in both things. You'd be great Flick, just give it a try" Robert pushes down the phone. Maybe I would be ok at it, but I'm too worried about people laughing at me to try it.

"Look Robert, acting is your thing, not mine. I don't do well with people, so thanks for the offer but I'm gonna turn it down" I start off in the direction towards Matt as I wrap the phone call up.

"I'll let you sleep on it Felicity and I'll call you tomorrow" Robert sounds almost convinced that I will have changed my mind over night.
"Until tomorrow Robbie" I smile and end the call.

Authors note:

Hi guys, so finally you can see where this story is heading a little bit! I think that Robert should have called Felicity sooner instead of making her think she did something wrong, what do you think?

Hope you all had a good weekend and I hope that you guys in the U.S. enjoyed AOU as much as I did!

Give my friend MNDaydreamer 's story Mr. Sunglasses a read, really good RDJ Fanfic, good writer.

Please leave me some feedback, thanks.