Chapter 7 - A taste of paradise

| AUTHOR'S POV |

"What...what did you just say?" Jungkook muttered a few words in complete disbelief. Even though he hoped, you would finally admit any feelings you had - even if it was just liking, he didn't expect you to admit, that you are sharing similiar feeling with him.
His eyes glazed like two diamonds. He stared at you as if he wanted to penetrate through the shield that you had built around you, he wanted to reach the center of your soul, to read your every thought, every emotion you hide.

Completely unknowingly he bit his lower lip. He didn't take his eyes off you for even a second. Right now, he looked like a little boy who had just seen a coveted toy somewhere on display.
You couldn't help the smile that crept on your lips.
"Are you trying to read me?" you asked hesitantly. Jungkook blinked several times as if he had just remembered that a human has to blink sometimes.

"Y/N ... it's wonderful to hear that," he replied to your confession, still slightly shocked, though the euphoria crept into his heart more and more clearly.

"Please don't make me more shy." He laughed at your words and cleaned gently the rest of the food over your mouth with his hand.

Under the influence of his sudden touch, the flock of butterflies took flight once again.
For a brief moment you were staring shamelessly in his eyes.
They are like hazelnut chocolate. They shine like the sky full of stars. I could have sworn he could smile with them. Thoughts swirled in your head, taking you out of control. You weren't ready for this, so you found the quickest way out - like a coward.

"Could you please go get something to drink?" you stammered out, hoping that he would catch the bait, and you would have at least a moment to calm down.
It worked, Jungkook smiled and eagerly strode out of the room to get drinks.

Just like lightning, you jumped away from the table, you looked around the room, and your eyes finally fell on the couch. Without thinking for a long time, you lay down there and waited patiently until you heard his steps. It didn't take that long, but you spent your time trying to calm your breathing and the heartbeat, that was trying to give you away at all costs.
Jungkook came into the room with two fancy drinks in his hands and a bottle of water under his arm.

"Y/N. I didn't know what you meant when you asked for something to drink so I brought us something alcoholic ..." he started, but immediately fell silent when he saw you sleeping on the couch. He placed the drinks carefully on the table and walked over to you. You tried your best to keep the impression of being asleep.
You were breathing regularly and your eyes were slightly closed. But if you were hoping that Jungkook would let you go this way, you were wrong.
He had a completely different idea in mind.

As soon as he left you for a moment, you immediately opened your eyes. You were just peeking at him totally amused. While he was preparing the bed, you were watching - surprised how perfectly he arranged the sheets. You struggled to hold your laugh as he tried to arrange the pillows in a thousand ways, correcting them every now and then, unhappy with the results. As soon as he finished and approached you again, you immediately regretted your decision.

He was very gentle. He picked you up from the couch and carried you on his hands to the bed he had prepared so carefully.
For that brief moment you were so close to him, you could feel the warmth of his body again and that slightly sweet smell of his perfume - the same one that remained in your apartment after the first night you met.

Jungkook put you down carefully and climbed up next to you. He covered both of you with a duvet.
For some time, he stared at you like a favourite painting. A gentle smile appeared on his face, and his hand wandered unknowingly to touch you. He carefully brushed a lock of hair from your face, then caress your cheek with his fingertips.