Cashing in

Friday had emerged, and both parties were equally anxious for the final battle. The final win would result in a request unknown to both boys.

Walking in from two different sides of the Arena, the two emerged in joke like Clint Eastwood seriousness. They squinted. Nodded at each other. And swaggered over to the archery armoury.

Both knocked over the stacks clumsily.
A mutual nod of embarrassment was made.
They then took their positions and tried to take aim.

It had been agreed prior today that they would get three shots each. Closest shot to the bullseye would win and a reward of 1 "no questions asked" be given.

Nico, being the youngest (technically he was the oldest), was to go first.

Thinking back onto his archery lessons years ago, and all of the famous movies he'd seen and all the Robin Hood books he'd read, Nico took aim... And released his arrow.

It hit the wooden base of the target. Nico squat dropped to his knees in frustration then turned upwards shaking his over grown black hair.

Will smirked and took aim a little too quickly. Not looking at the target and at Nico, he let his arrow fly... straight over the target and into some unfortunate camper's canoe. A flurry of swear words issued.

Will had shock horror written on his face and ducked as if the campers words were to be rocks thrown at him.

Trying not to laugh Nico repeated the process. YAS! It hit the second ring! DAYUMM Nico was good. He gave a smug smirk to Will as well as a bow.

God. Dam. Nico and his dumb smirk of his. So cute and rare that took up his whole face and radiated happiness. Such smooth soft cheeks... hold on Will, ease up and AIM!

Actually looking this time and taking aim, he released his fingers from the bow.
It hit the first ring. Not bad, he still had one more shot to go.

Nico knew this was his last shot. Everything went in slow motion. His eyelids batted and blinked. He let it soar... and miss the target completely and hit he tree behind. He'd get some acorns in his bed later for that.

Okay. Will had his last shot. He prayed to Apollo and to Artemis that he'd at least hit further in than Nico. He knew he probably shouldn't, but he knew what he was going to do if he won. Exhaling he took his shot in movie like motion that would make Legolas proud.

Wham! Hit the ring just outside the centre target baby! Will had Won. Will had Wa-on. Will had WOn. He had WOOooAanN. Yeah... he'd won.

Shuffling around while Nico dramatically dropped to his knees, Will was kissing to the sky and thanking the gods whilst laughing.

Helping Nico up, Will smugly spoke to him.

"You know you were a fair fight"

"You know if you prayed to the Gods I don't think your win counts"

"Shut I'm cashing in my 'no questions asked' that I won"

"What, so I don't ask how you got so good at archery, that's not very smart"

"Noo, I'm asking you to kiss me"

Nico was about to say something but was struck dumb as Will swooped in and pressed his lips against Nico's.

Warmth and pure bliss. It was hard and not really practised, but was breath -taking, heart warming and beautiful. Their first kiss.

Will's hand had grabbed the back of Nico's neck to pull him in and was using his other hand to hold the small of his back.
Nico moved both hands to Will's hips to pull them closer to a space already so intimate.

Sighs and breaths no longer a priority. Just moving in synch with each other. And Will being sly to slip a hand under Nico's shirt.

Nico jumped away from that contact.
A heart broken look crossed Will's face.
Nico was almost just that seeing Will look like that.

"Perhaps that stuff can be done later...", Nico suggested "but for now I think I prefer just to kiss and stuff"

Will laughed and pulled Nico closer "Sure thing death breath"

Nico checked his breath

"I'm joking", and with that he kissed him. Again. And again.

He supposed he meant it to be quick but it wasn't.

Far up in the trees, Jason was filming. He'd already sent two photos and a video message to Piper and was going to use this footage in a video scrap book he was putting together.

Piper had replied with: STOP INTERFERING and OMG SAH CUTE and AWW MY BBY!

As the couple pulled apart, they looked up and shook their heads.

"So I guess we're going to be doing this every Friday?" Will asked.

"Fine by me Sunshine"

And with a 'quick' goodbye kiss, they parted ways.

Soo that's it guys. This fanfic is pretty much done. I'm going to need a lot more time to think up some more ideas. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment your ideas! Again sorry for the long wait to update, but I was competing in Sydney for the Synchronised Swimming Nationals! Silver for Solo baby oh yeah! Anyway vote/like and comment the f*ck out of this fanfic please! Peace.
{R.E.D.}