I Didn't Mean to Make You Cry

Summary:

Childe was almost 100% sure that Zhongli and Xiao were a couple. I mean, he always asked Childe what to get Xiao, was buying him treats, clothes, stuffed animals and more. And he was even holding his hand once.

It made Childe's destroyed, horrible heart twinge with rage and jealously. He wanted to be loved by Zhongli, too. He had a crush on the archon for as long as he could possibly remember. He had to get over his stupid crush. Or else. It may just be the death of him.

Notes:

Rated Teen and up for angst, self-harm scars/mentions, suicide attempt mentions/thoughts, and Injury/Blood too. (Just in case you didn't read the tags). I can't find any Little Tartaglia , and I neeeeeed to write this because I love Childe. But I also love making him suffer. Thank you for reading!

DNI if you see age regression as a kink, or weird. This is a healthy coping mechanism. I write these types of things to de-stress, and to cope. So don't be weird please, thank you!<3 - Ami Ami!
Work Text:
Childe was almost 100% sure that Zhongli and Xiao were a couple. I mean, he always asked Childe what to get Xiao, was buying him treats, clothes, stuffed animals and more. And he was even holding his hand once. It made Childe's destroyed, horrible heart twinge with rage and jealously. He wanted to be loved by Zhongli, too. He had a crush on the archon for as long as he could possibly remember. He had to get over his stupid crush. Or else. It may just be the death of him. ————————————————————————————- Childe stopped short of what he was doing, he was in the Wangshu Inn, and noticed Zhongli and Xiao. He was going to come over and say hi to them, but the idea was soon whipped from his mind as he noticed something. They were holding hands. Oh. They're together, aren't they? He felt rage and jealously fill up his empty heart and he had to tear his eyes away from the two. He couldn't stand to look at them right now, seeing them looking so happy broke him. Zhongli apparently felt his stare, turning his head. When he raised a hand to wave at the ginger, he took off running. Not even down the stairs. He heard the loud gasp and footsteps running to the ledge of the deck of the Wangshu Inn as Childe jumped off it. He didn't use his glider, though. Not until he heard Zhongli's yell and he realized just how close he was to the ground.

He wished he hadn't pulled out his glider, though.

Maybe death would be better for him, anyways. He didn't want to bother anyone anymore. Oh, come on, Childe! Don't think like that. Zhongli would be so mad and disappointed if he knew you were saying that. Childe ran as fast as he could away from the Inn, he wanted to go back to his room and cry, maybe even be small. The idea wasn't really his favorite though. The last time he regressed (which was the first time), he had just cried and cried in his dark, cold room. The name he wanted to cry out so bad was the Geo Archons. He wanted to be held by Zhongli, told he was going to be okay, told that it's okay to be a baby, his baby. That he wouldn't be different for that. He'd still be Childe, his Childe. He wanted to be Zhongli's Childe. To not have to ever worry about being judged, because even if he was, he had him to comfort him when it happened.

Childe had ran into the woods, then proceeded to sit in a tree and think. He thought so hard that he didn't realize he was crying. It wasn't a lot, maybe five or thirty tears, he didn't know. All he knew was that he wanted to regress, he wanted to curl up in Zhongli's lap and let go of all his worries, melt into his embrace. But as he imagined that, he imagined Xiao in his place, being kissed on the head or cheeks, being happy together. It broke his heart.

Childe knew Xiao regressed, and that Zhongli accepted him. That made him even more jealous. He knew he should be happy for him, he was coping with his trauma. But Childe needed to cope with his trauma. But when he first regressed, it was horrible. He a small child, maybe even a toddler, in a dark, cold room with nothing. He wanted the comfort Xiao got. Xiao got everything he ever needed, a loving caregiver, and even a loving partner. (Or so he thought). Xiao only regressed in private. And with how they act in public 24/7, all his guesses led to him believing Zhongli and the Adeptus were together. He wished he didn't believe that, honestly. He didn't even realize he was at his favorite restaurant, ordering soup.