Chapter One: Isekai'd or somethin'

And there you were. Lost in an unknown world. You just wanted to play a bit of Cuphead, sure it was a rage game, but it's entertaining for you nonetheless, but as soon as you started it up you got isekai'd into Inkwell Isles. "Ugh. Great. So how am I even supposed to get out of this situation now? How did I even get into this to begin with? All I wanted was to enjoy a game..." You thought. You looked around your surroundings. You've played Cuphead an immense amount of times, beat the game more than once, and you definitely knew your way around the isles so first thing you did was try to find someone, anyone, who could possibly help you with your problem. Maybe Elder Kettle possibly? There's only one way to find out, so off you went, from DLC island back to Inkwell Isle One, towards the Elder Kettle's cottage. You walked up to his door and tapped your knuckles against the wood. Thump thump thump. You waited for a while with no answer. Thinking he may not have heard you, you knocked again. Thump thump thump. This time a familiar looking cup came to the door. You guessed it, Cuphead!

"Umm, can I help you?" The confused dish raised an eyebrow. You knew who he was, but he didn't know who you were. It made perfect sense, he's never seen you from outside the TV after all.

"Woah...It's actually you!!" You exclaimed with a bright smile looking at the cup.
"Do I know you?" Cuphead asked. Of course he was extremely bewildered. A random person in his universe at his door acting like some sort of fan. You were a fan, but again. He's never seen you before.
"Oh! Sorry, where are my manners." You said realizing you'd confused the cup. "Hello there! My name is Y/N, and it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Ooookayyy..." Cuphead was still a bit weirded out, he'd never experienced this sort of behavior before, so he didn't know how to deal with it. "Well, I'm Cuphead and I'd like to ask you a question." He replied.
"Yes?" You said hoping it wouldn't be a rude sort of question. Cuphead didn't exactly seem like the type to think before he speaks, so he could say anything without realizing the consequences and offend someone.
Before he could continue he was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Cuphead, I told you to stop taking things from my room without asking first! All you have to do is ask is it so hard?!"

Cuphead rolled his eyes at the voice scolding him and Mugman opened the door wider to see who he was talking to. His attitude changed immediately as if he were a mother taking a phone call.

"Oh well hello there! Who might you be?"
"They said their name was Y/N, I'm pretty sure." Said the moody brother. Each of the dish brothers seemed to favor a certain color. Cuphead representing red, and Mugman representing blue. A classic option, every other game has done it before. The colors suited them very well.
"Cuphead I was asking them. Not you."
Replied the annoyed mug. Jeez, they seemed to get along better in the game. Who knew they were so irritable with each other?
Cuphead just rolled his eyes once more as Mugman began to speak again.

"Cuphead...how long has this person been standing outside with you interrogating them?" Mugman sounded like a mother asking who ate all the cookies.

"I dunno, maybe...10 minutes?"

"Ten minutes?! Cuphead what is wrong with you?!"
The mug pulled Cuphead away from the door and opened it wider.

"You must be parched having made it the whole way here. Come in. I'll make you some tea and you can tell us about your journey!"
You just shrugged your shoulders and entered the brothers' home with a light thankful smile. "Thanks! I appreciate that a lot." You said as you made yourself comfortable on the sofa. Mugman entered the kitchen to prepare the tea and Cuphead just groaned following him to have a chat. There were mumbles and whispering in the kitchen and after a little while Cuphead walked away and went upstairs to their room. Again, you just shrugged it off and waited for Mugman to comeback. "Cuphead? More like Hothead." You thought as you chuckled and Mugman returned with two cups of tea, placed them down and took a seat across from you.
"Hope ya like mint tea, Y/N." He said with a small grin.

"I definitely do." You said returning the smile.
"I know you just got here but could I ask you a few questions?" This was only to be expected, as you literally got warped into this wonderland of magic and mayhem.
"Ask away." You picked up your tea and took a light sip of it.
"Alright. First of all, where are you from?"  You almost spat out your tea. "I uhhh....Well..."
The curious mug raised an eyebrow. "I'm not from your universe. I'm from (wherever you're from)."
"Never heard of that place before. So you're not from the Isles? I knew there were more universes out there!" Said Mugman.
"Mhm! There's really great food where I'm from! I'm sure this universe has it's own version of them but still the food is pretty nice." You smiled at him.
"That sounds wonderful! But let's not get distracted, next question, How did you end up in Inkwell Isles?"
"I'm not exactly sure. I was just trying to play the game and then I got warped into the TV."
"Game? What game?" That's right. They didn't know that they were literally characters in a video game.
"N-nevermind. In my universe we have these things called video games, and they're fun to play, you usually are a certain character in the game, and you can make your character do many things." You said trying not to confuse Mugman.
"I see. How interesting...is there anything we can do to help you get back home?" Mugman poured the hot drink into his head carefully and sighed in comfort.
You paused for a moment. You didn't even think about how you were going to get back home until this very moment. What if you got into a fight with one of the bosses and died? What if you never saw your home again and got stuck in this toonish world of incantation?
"To be honest, Mugman...I have no idea..." You said sorrowfully.