-Wαĸe υp-

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Wendi." A whisper says, gently shoving the auburn haired girl, who lays her head on the windowsill. "Wen. Come on." The voice says, with a slightly harsher tone. The girl stirs, not wanting her sleep to be disturbed. "Ow!" The girls screams, jolting up from the sudden pain in her shin. "I tried to be nice and gentle, but you're a heavy sleeper." "It's okay, Jo. I told you to use violence, if it came to it." Wendi says, rubbing her aching leg. "Marigold is already off the train waiting for us." Joanna informed, grabbing her bag from the floor. "I'll be right there, let me gather my things." Joanna nods, departing from the half-loaded train.

Wendi grabs her bag and sighs as she looks outside the window. Another place, after another month. 'I wonder if we'll stay this time.' Wendi thought. "Last call, last call." The suited-man yelled, ringing a bell with one hand. Wendi takes a deep breath, and smooths her dress down, walking towards the exit of the train.

As she steps down from the train, she feels a cold breeze hit her face, making shivers run down her back, and goosebumps appear around her skin. "Took you long enough, come on, we have to get to Avonlea before sundown." Marigold spoke, snapping Wendi out of her thoughts.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The ride to Avonlea was dreadfully quiet and boring to say the least. Wendi took the time to study the landscape around her. The small animals around her, interacting with nature made her feel a little at home. A sign appears in the distance, despite the snow covering it mostly, it reads 'Avonlea' on it.

Wendi smiles slightly, happy they've finally arrived. The girl turns to the two others that have found comfort in laying on each other. She gently nudges the two, alarming them that they've arrived. "Jo, Goldie, Wake up." Wendi says, as the two squint from the sudden change of light. "Have we arrived?" Joanna asked, covering her mouth to yawn. "Yes, we have. Just a few more minutes until we reach dad's house." Wendi sighs. Her hand instinctively went to her necklace that laid upon her chest.

It was a small gold laced necklace with a beamed eighth note. Her father gave it to her, wanting to reminder her to keep playing music and let your voice be heard. "Are you sure you're okay with this Wendi? I know how hard it's gonna be...living in dad's old house." Marigold spoke with concern. Wendi nodded, as the small house came into view.