Chapter 1 - End and The Beginning I

'It was fun'

'It was really fun'

These were the thoughts of Momonga as he entered the game Yggrdrasil for one last time.

On the other hand, Haruto had been playing the game since forever, he had never stopped. This made him earn massive respect from the other players. However, as time passed by, he was soon forgotten too.

So, when he heard the serves were about to shut down he felt depressed, all the hard work would go down to waste. He explored all of Yggrdasil, he knew it as the palm of his hand, it wasn't just a "game", it was his entire life.

The Great Tomb Of Nazarick would cease to exist, the tomb he and his friends made with years and lots of money. Everything for nothing. This tomb embraced him in dark times and it also bears recollections of his family—the members of the guild.
Some memories are indeed unforgettable, but not all of them. He was afraid of forgetting them.

His thoughts were cut off as he heard the voice of Herohero-san "Hey, there. It's been a really long time, Momonga-san."

'Momonga!? No way!'

Haruto burst out running to the 9th Floor. Even tho he wasn't in the same floor, he could still hear them talking because of his character' skill.

Haruto smiled, "I can't believe it's you Mon-kun! I'm coming to greet you."

Meanwhile, with both the last players.

"I didn't think that you would come, Herohero-san. It's been about two years, hasn't it?"

"It's been that long? This is bad. I've been doing so much over time lately that my concept of time is messed up."

"Isn't that a pretty bad symptom?"

"Yeah, I'm completely worn out"

Momonga sighed in distress for his old friend "Whoa-"

Herohero seemed a little embarrassed by his whining "I'm sorry. I didn't come here just to complain."

"Don't worry about it," Momonga said while giving a smiling emote. [ :D ]

Herohero seemed to feel a little uncomfortable and decided to end it for good "I have to go soon. I'm way too sleepy."

"Oh...Please rest well" [ :) ]

"I'm really sorry. But I'm surprised the Tomb is still here, Haruto and you must have been maintaining it."

"Eh—?"

"..As the vice-leader and guild-leader"

"Well, Nazarick was a base that we created together."

But the truth is that Momonga had stopped coming to the game some months ago and didn't know that Haruto had been protecting all this time. In the end, he chose to say nothing.

"Momonga-san, thank you for all your hard work. I hope we meet again somewhere." [ :D ]

"Wait—"

"Y-yes?"

"Do you know If Haruto will come?"

"Oh, If I'm not mistaking myself, he is already here."

"Really?!"

"Well, I'm sure he will come to find you eventually. Goodbye"

Herohero-san has logged out.

Silence.

"Today is the last day Yggrdrasil's servers will run. Why not stay until the end?"

Momonga sighed but soon comprehended, 'No, I'm happy that he even came today.'

'I hope we meet again somewhere, huh? Just when and where would that be?..'

Even with the terrifying skull and undead character, the player seemed sad, "You've gotta be kidding me!"

And he hit the table to discount his grief.
As If making fun of his pain, the little balloon -0 point- arose.

'This is the Great Tomb Of Nazarick that we built together! How can he give it up so easily!?'

In the end, realization came to him, "No, that's not it. No one betrayed me"

Momonga got up from his chair and walked to the guild weapon— The Guild Weapon, Staff of Ains Ooal Gown.

They played recklessly to make it, some of the members even fought with their wives to make time to get materials for it, while some used money.
But among the 42 members, 37 of them quit.

"And even the three that were left....Wait, Haruto?! He is still here!"

Momonga rapidly caught the staff "Let's go. You are the testament to our guild"

While walking, he lost himself to his thoughts 'There were two requirements for joining the guild Ains Ooal Gown. The player's avatar had to be inhuman and the player had to be a functioning member of society.'

Remembering something he laughed to himself, 'Well, I guess Haruto was kinda irregularity. He was indeed inhuman, but his avatar looked human. Did that even make sense?'

'Well, that's right. Everyone's livelihood was at stake. Some people even made their dreams come true. It can't be helped that they all chose real life in the end...except one, Haruto'

Breaking off his daydream, "Huh?"
Momonga noticed all the servants were queued. He decided to open the information bar of one of the NPC's, 'Oh, his name was Sebas. And the combat maids of Pleiades' He chuckled, 'We had you all guard the throne room, but no player ever made this far. As the guild leader, I should move them around one last time'

"Follow." And soon, all the servants were following behind the almighty leader.

'I'm sure Haruto and the guild members will forgive me for doing whatever I want just for today'

As they approached the throne room, a tremendous door made of, what seemed, black marble with ancient figures opened as If recognizing its owner.

What a glorious view awaited them. Red flags symbolizing each member and chandeliers with the purest purple—the colour for royalties, standing for luxury, wealth and sophistication. Truly majestic.

Momonga started walking towards the throne, but before he could take one more step he heard a voice— low and breathy.

"Hey"