one. shitty invitations

001

001. shitty invitations
🐚🌞🌴

The Conklins had arrived on the Fisher's summer house driveway about 3 minutes ago. Azalea was dreading every bit of it. She tried ever so hard to plunge away the aching feeling of love she had for the Conklin girl. Because Belly was always in love with her older brother.

Azalea made it her mission to always tease Belly at every chance she could grasp. Conrad had always beat her to it. It's not like he knew she was in love with the same girl he was fond of.

Maybe Azalea was just a tad bit excited inside to see her favorite girl. If that's what you called Belly to her. Or just thrilled to see her best friend Steven Conklin. Also Conrad's biggest fan. It always seem to be Belly this and Conrad that. Never anything about the middle child. Only that she was stubborn and had an attitude of some sorts.

Being left out of almost everything was a feeling that chased and fueled Azalea like the heat rising upon a stove. She had given up so long ago on trying to be included within the group. Striding alone along the wretched grainy sand of Cousins beach.

" They're here! " Susannah calls out to her kids, as Steven honked twice as a signal.

The youngest fisher sibling is first to run out the front doors. Greeting laurel with his charming smile and bear hugs. Susannah completes the arrangements of her blue flowers standing in a clear vase. She walks out with a smile towards her best friend.

Azalea escorts herself down the stairs. Slowly and hesitantly — no effort in attempting to rush out the eggshell white doors. She drags her feet in annoyance across the floors like paint spreading among every surface wanted. Rolling her eyes and inhaling and exhaling a deep breath. Painting on her best fake smile she could perceive.

As her stained white sneakers hit the wood porch — Azalea exhales another breath. Before roaming on the grass to Steven. She smiles softly pulling the sleeves of her thin cardigan down. A habit that seemed to stick with her because Azalea loathed how twig like and boney her arms were.

Steven's eyes light up as he catches sight of the girl. He takes the girl into a hug — wrapping his long arms around her shoulders. Azalea hugs his waist resting her chin on his shoulder. Though they were the same age — Steven was just a bit taller than Azalea. " Az, what's up ! "

" Hi Steven. " She breathes out a chuckle. Pulling away from the tall Conklin in front of her. She walks away from him towards his mother. Her hand gliding across his stomach when it was wrapped around him.