Chapter 1

You always gain by giving love.

The sunrays hit my eyes and I woke up. I must've forgotten to close them yesterday. I checked my side to find it empty. Now were was my boyfriend. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to see him cooking.
" Goodmorning my love" he said in such a sweet voice.
"Morning kookie '' I called him by his nickname.

Okay so here's my introduction. I'm Carla Chan. I'm half American and half Chinese. I'm 21 years old and Jungkook is my boyfriend anyway back to the story.

" I'm excited for you. Remember Mr Park is retiring and is picking a new CEO. It's definitely going to be you, you've been his personal assistant for four years" he said excitedly. Today my very old multi millionaire boss is retiring and is going to pick anyone to be the next CEO hopefully it's me.
"You sound more excited than me" I said which was true.
"I'm your boy friend why shouldn't I" he said and pecked my lips.

I quickly took a shower and got dressed in my best formal outfit. Then I headed for work. When the taxi arrived at the tall sky scrapper, I got out nervously. I walked in the building and I pressed the elevator. That's when I saw a group of bodyguards in black suits hiding someone while walking in the left hallway but I shrugged it off as the elevator came. I pressed the button for the 19th floor. Yea this building had 20 floors.

As I arrived at the floor I ran to the event. I found people mingling and drinking coffee. I quickly fixed myself and then joined them. It was so sad to see Mr Park retire but most people are here to see if they will be the next  CEO. I stood there holding my cup of coffee and then Mr Park walked on stage drowing everyones attention.
" Thank you all for being here" Mr Park began to speak but I had stopped listening as I began to day dream as the benefits of CEO.
"Today is also the day I appoint the new CEO. Someone I have known for years, someone I trust, and I call this person a friend" he said and I anxiously waited. "Your new CEO is..." I was ready to get on stage until he said.
" Mr Kim Taehyung " at first people stared at each other because no one knows who that was but then they clapped. I looked around the room to see the new CEO but there was no one different..

I was about to cry but I held in my tears as I saw Mr Park approach me.
" Hey are you okay" he asked concerned.

"Yes... I'm just sad that you leaving" I lied shamelessly. Then he smiled before changing his face expression completely to a very serious one. He took out a USB and handed it over to me making sure no one was looking

"Keep it safe Carla and tell Noone" he whispered and then left to mingle with the others. That was weird, very weird. I put the USB in my purse and sucked in my tears.

"Aww are you heartbroken you didn't get chosen as CEO" Zoe my arch enemy said.

"No not at all" I said like I didn't care and forced a smile.

"Don't worry you'll always be an assistant" she said.

"Dont worry you will always be the CEO personal receptionist" I hissed at her.

I left the party an hour later. There wasn't anything to celebrate. I got into the apartment to find Junkook seating on the couch. The moment he saw me come in he ran and hugged.
" Hey kookie-" I couldn't even finish my sentence when he immediately asked.

"Are you the CEO" I looked at him for a moment.

"No" I said sadly as I saw disappointment in his eyes. Then disappointment turned into anger.

" You stupid girl, how could you do this to us, to me. You're so useless" I was shocked by his words.

"Kookie how can you say that"

"Don't you dare call me that!" he yelled and then slapped me. "I needed your money but you aren't of any use anymore so take your bags and leave! Don't come back until you've made something of yourself" he rushed to the bedroom and gave me my suitcase with all my clothes already packed. "I had a feeling you will dissapoint me so I packed for you just incase." he said and pulled my hand.

"Jungkook please don't do this" I pleaded with him as he dragged me out of the building while tears rushed down my face. He threw me out on the road with my suitcase and closed the gate.

"Jungkook! Jungkook! Jungkook!" I shouted for him but he continued walking without even looking back. I cried on the spot before I realized I was out on the streets. Seoul wasn't place to be alone on the streets at night. I started walking with my suitcase I didn't know were I was going and I left my phone on Jungkook's kitchen counter. The streets were still busy but I could see a lot of men who were looking at me. I just kept walking. My body shaking and my heart pounding that's when I passed a dark alley.

At least six men appeared from nowhere and they.......

Thank you for deciding to read this book please.
Vote.
Comment
Share.