..TWO..

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

He was there the next day, and it absolutely annoyed her, irked her. Did he really have nothing else to do apart from startling and stalking her? He gave her one of those his mischievous yet innocent smile. She was beyond vexed. How dare he? The bastard was hell-bent on turning her into a high blood pressure patient. She tried to tune down her livid anger.

‘Are you really that idle? Don’t you have anything else to do? Are you unemployed?’

‘Well, it seems so my sweet,’ he teased, infuriating her.

‘Don’t call me that!’ she snapped ruthlessly, ‘I am not your sweet or whatever. I am Chloe. Do not address me by what I am not.’

‘You are pretty,’ he said. The statement surprised her. She hadn’t expected such words after her irritated outburst. ‘Therefore, I shall call you pretty because you indeed are. Let me rephrase my former reply.’ He stared deeply into her eyes. ‘Well, it seems so pretty.’

‘I am not pretty,’ she murmured after a while.

‘You are my swee-‘he laughed at his near blunder. She blinked. ‘You are pretty Chloe.’

‘Is that why you keep following me?’ she asked with slanted eyes.

‘I do not chase you because you are pretty Chloe. I do so because you attract me. I desire you my sweet. That,’ he pointed out, ‘is why I do so.’ She sneered.

‘That is ridiculous. Do you know that?’ she asked him.

‘How so?’ he demanded with a ln infuriating smirk that tempted her to smack him really hard across his handsome face.

‘Please Mr. Stalker; I am in no mood for your balderdash. I am tired and also equally famished.’

‘I am called Clement,’ he informed her with a satisfied grin. 

‘I do not care. Please Mr. Stalker, leave me be. I beg of you.’ She did not wait for him to speak, turning and leaving. She was none of the things he said she was. She knew that. She shook her head in pity for him. He was sick in the head and she believed that with all her heart.