Chapter 1

Steve lightly tossed the pile of tapes he was balancing onto the counter, causing a few to clatter to the floor. "Look, Robin, as much as I'd love to continue listening to you ramble on about Vickie, there's work to be done," he groaned, bending over to pick up the strays. Robin begrudgingly stopped leaning against the wall to help. 

"It's a Monday, Steve. Barely anyone comes in on Mondays. Plus, you get to talk about all the stupid dates you go on ALL. THE. TIME." 

"Well, I'm sorry but somebody has to attend to the customers."

Before he could get up from behind the counter, the bell at the entrance rang out and someone walked through the door. "Oh, hey Eddie," Robin welcomed the customer. Steve attempted to stand up, resulting in him hitting his head on the overhang of the countertop. He winced, using one hand to hold his head and the other to wave briefly at Eddie.

"Munson," he greeted. 

Eddie mumbled something that resembled a 'hello' and immediately flopped over the desk. His curly dark brown hair draped dramatically around his head. 

"Did you come here just to sleep or did you need something?" Steve said, hands on his hips. Eddie lifted his head and rested it on his palms. Dark circles hung below his drooping brown eyes. While he never was one to look particularly well rested, his appearance took both Steve and Robin aback.

Eddie shot a brief sarcastic smile in his direction. "Very funny, Harrington, but like most people that come in here, I'm here to look at the movies."

"You look kinda out of it, man. Did you get any sleep last night?" Robin asked. 

"Nope," he said blankly. 

"What? Dude, why not?" she exclaimed. 

"Oh, uh," Eddie paused for a second and rubbed his neck. "I was busy planning Hellfire's next session. Gotta make sure I'm prepared for the kids to derail the campaign, y'know." A weak chuckle fell from his mouth. Steve wasn't fully convinced but he didn't want to push it.

"No, Eddie, we don't. We're not nerds," Steve deadpanned. 

"You say that now but Henderson and I can be very persuasive. One day, Stevie, one day,"

"In your dreams, Munson,"

"Anyways, you said you were looking for a movie?" Robin interrupted. 

"Yeah, but chances are I'm just gonna get Rocky Horror again. I'm still appalled that you haven't seen it yet, Steve." He pointed an accusatory finger toward him.

"Look, I'm just busy alright. I've never really had any reason to watch it until now."

"Well, are you busy tonight?"

"I mean Keith is closing tonight so technically no, but-"

Eddie cut him off before he could finish. "Then it's settled. We're watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show, tonight, 9 o'clock, your house."

"Wait, why my house-"

He cut him off again. "Because you're rich, bigger screen. I would never besmirch the good name of King Steve by dragging him to a trailer park." Steve hated that nickname. "Robin, you in?" 

"Can't. Vickie invited me out tonight and I'm totally not freaking out about it." She switched on the computer which sat beside her and began to look through customer records. "You boys enjoy your movie though," 

"I- Fine but you're renting the movie. It better not be a double VHS either. I have to pick Robin up in the morning for work. I don't want to be up all night watching it."