Waking Up In The Dark

Akaza
I was tasked with watching the butterfly girl and keeping her away from Doma. I walked in the halls of the Infinity Castle towards the room she was kept in. The chains inside were rattling a bit signaling that she was awake. Chains. I need to take them off of the butterfly girl.

I entered the room with ease. My eyes slightly narrowed at her aura. It was purple mixed with white. Just how strong is the butterfly girl? Apparently strong enough to withstand Doma. I wondered. The girl's purple irises caught mine. Her stare was intriguing quite intimidating if you will.

"You must eat, butterfly girl. You were quite tired after that battle with Doma." I announced my presence.

The butterfly girl narrowed her own eyes at my words.

"No thank you..Demon." She said harshly.

I laughed at her pitiful attempt to scare me.

I place my hand on my hip while pointing at her.

"Listen.... I don't enjoy taking that attitude since I saved you from being eaten." I snapped.

The girl looked shock but it was masked by anger.

"How did you know that I didn't want to be eaten, Demon? What if I wanted to get eaten in the first place!" She yelled but soon stopped.

Her throat. It was parched and sore.

"Silence, butterfly girl. You must drink to renew your strength for your throat." I said, handing her a bowl of water.

She gave me a funny look but I knew what was behind that look.

"It's just water, butterfly girl."

She drank the water while I looked at her bruised hands and her wounds along her chest area.

That damn Doma! I'm going to make him pay for this!!

"Akaza....your thoughts are stirring up again." Muzan-sama said.

I cleared my throat uncomfortable by the sudden sound of Muzan-sama's voice.

"Why are staring, Demon?" She asked.

"Apologies, butterfly girl. I couldn't help but to notice that you're hurt. In that state you might die." I said.

The butterfly girl suddenly smiled at me.

I saw some thread and a needle next to us.

"You patch yourself up? Amazing, butterfly girl. Truly, then you know how to survive. " I muttered.

The butterfly girl huffed at my statement.

"I have a name. And it's not butterfly girl." She snapped. Her eyes were fiercer and deadly.

I scoffed. " Well you didn't introduce yourself to me either."

I kneeled in front of her, gazing upon the butterfly hair piece in her hair.

"May I ask your name, butterfly girl?"

The butterfly girl looks taken aback but complied.

"I'm the Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho."

"I am Akaza. Now that you have introduced each other. I suggest you eat something. Here you must eat."

I pushed the tray of Miso Soup with white rice and salmon near her.

The butterfly girl- er I mean Shinobu- slowly took the tray.

I moved to stand up moving away. I looked at the door thinking.

"Why did you become a demon slayer? Why not become a demon and join us?" I asked.

I want to see if she would answer it but I also don't want her to answer. Argh, being with this girl has caused feelings of protection towards her.

"My parents were murdered by a demon. My sister...my older sister was killed by your friend, Doma." She spoke in anger.

My stomach turned and flipped over when she said that Doma was my friend. My fist clenched up. I yelled striking at the wall that was in front of me. The wall began split into lines almost like a spiderweb. I began to hyperventilate as I stared at the cracked wall.

"Listen, butterfly girl. It's obvious that Doma and I aren't friends. I hate that bastard with a passion." I removed my fist from the wall.

I turned to her, watching her reaction. She seemed unwell by the sudden action. She was becoming vulnerable around me.

"You are sacred, yes. There's no need to be. I will not hurt you. I don't kill women. I respect them and their boring day to day lives. Presumably you have a lover or someone keeping you sane, Kocho-san." I stated.

I walked towards heading to leave but I reluctant to do so. Why? Why do I care so much about this girl? Perhaps it was a lost memory of my boring past.

Then I heard it. A name the girl whispered softly.

"Tomioka-san."

Who is this Tomioka person? Is he important to Kocho-san?

All of these damn thoughts is giving me a headache. I need some air.

"I'll return, Kocho. I'll signal you when I'm here." I told her as I vanished out of the room.

~ Beyond the doors~

I saw Nakime sitting by the balcony.

"Nakime...the girl Hashira. Tell Master Muzan that I will take full responsibility of the girl's actions. But do not hurt her in anyway. If Doma is near the infinity castle, please alert me or Master Muzan." I told her, bowing while leaving.

Nakime doesn't say much. She just played her biwa twice signaling that she understood.

I walked outside and into the woods. I need to clear my head. I need to....save the girl from this place.

A/N: And that's it for this chapter!

Words: 890