Part 11.

Startled, Mika took a step back and broke the kiss, making Yu almost trip on top of him. The boy looked up to the vampire, confused and blushing like he just made the worst mistake in his life. Yu felt ashamed in front of Mika, only just realising what he has done. The way the blonde vampire broke the kiss made Yu feel even worse, so he just stood there, waiting for a reaction.

At first Mika was puzzled, still holding Yu's arms in his, but then he realized what just happened, and his cheeks turned bright pink. For a moment they just looked at each other, blushing. Mika smiled, seeing Yu so baffled and hesitant, then gently grabbed his shoulders and leaned forward, locking their lips in another soft kiss. Yu's arms relaxed and he raised them to grip on to Mika's silky blonde hair and his soft pale skin. Mika was careful to be very mild and gentle, as the taste of human on his lips triggered a range of different feelings and emotions, he had to hold his vampire nature back. His fingers run across Yu's teeth marks, and he promised himself that he will never hurt Yu again.

Suddenly, Mika ended the kiss, let go of Yu and took a large step back, his face serious again. Yu looked at Mika with a confused look on his face, but then he also heard the quiet giggle from the hall. Ferid was standing in the shadow, his hand covering his mouth as if he was about to burst into laughter. Realizing he was spotted, the vampire walked out of the shadow, still smiling.

For a second Yu was awfully embarrassed, but then his expression changed to fury, and he was already heading towards the sassy noble, when Mika blocked his way with an arm, still without any emotion. Irritated, Yu obeyed and stopped where he was, still giving Ferid an angry look.

"I have a feeling I interrupted something personal here, deepest apologies." It felt as if he was about to explode in laughter. "But I have some important information."

Mika kept silent. Yu followed his example.

"Anyway, the humans are going to be here shortly, so you should prepare for battle." After delivering the intended message, Ferid turned back and started heading out the hall.

"Oh, and, please, don't have too much fu-..."

Mika slammed the door behind his back before Ferid even finished his sentence. He was thinking, thinking very hard of what they should do. At this point he only wanted to be with Yu, nothing else really mattered. But coming along with him to the human side...having to endure and tolerate those lying and greedy humans, letting Yu be surrounded by their false smiles and their fake love...

Yu felt, as the atmosphere between the two boys was spoiled, and the reality splashed right back into their faces. It would be a perfect dream, for them to be together forever, just them, without anyone else to judge or disturb them. That would be perfect but the truth of the real world wasn't perfect, in fact, it was the opposite. It was as if everything out there, the whole universe was fated to only keep them apart, to torture them the worst way possible. Yu felt completely powerless, unable to choose between humanity and Mika. Yu turned to Mika, who also had the same dispirited expression on his face.

"Mich..."