chapter 1

You sighed heavily as you took your head in your hands. You just had a math test and you were sure that it didn't go as well as you thought.

"Alright class, take out your books and go to page 167" your History professor said as she sat down on the chair behind the desk. You did as told, but everything was going slowly. You were tired, stressed and on the verge of having a mental breakdown. School has been taking a tool on you in the past few weeks and you couldn't wait for the weekend to arrive.

"Y/n are you alright?" the professor asked you and you put on a fake smile and told her that everything was fine. She eyed you for a couple of seconds, but then directed her gaze towards the whole class. She began teaching as you placed your head on your palm, trying your best to focus on her words.

After two agonizing hours of History and Spanish, finally it was lunch time and you bolted as soon as possible out of the class.

As you were about to leave the building, a familiar voice called you and you turned around, finding the read-headed waitress of the Feather Heaven.

"Hey, Daniela right?" you said and she nodded with a smile. "I didn't know you attended this high school as well" she said as she started walking towards the bus stop, you following behind. "Yeah" you responded awkwardly, not really knowing how to continue the conversation. "It's weird that we've never seen each other, isn't it?" Daniela asked you and you nodded, telling her that she was right. A silence followed your words and before you realized you two reached the bus stop. "I guess it's time to say goodbye" she said dramatically, making you laugh. "You wanna a lift?" you asked her and for a split second you were sure that she was going to jump on you to thank you.

At that time of the afternoon the bus was packed with smelly teenagers and annoying old people who complained about everything, so the idea of avoiding to catch it was a bliss to Daniela.

"Thank you so much" she responded and lifted her hand to give you a high-five, which had confused you at first, but then you understood and slapped your hand against hers.

"Your car is so nice" she complimented as she placed her bag between her feet. You smiled at her and started the car, waiting for her to give you directions.

"To the right again" she told you and pointed to a light yellow building, which came into you once you had turned to the right. It was old, but it looked nice.

"Bye y/n, see you tomorrow" she said with a smile and was about to walk towards the front door of the building, but turned around before you could drive away. "At four I'm going to the library, wanna come with me?" she asked you and you pursued your lips, thinking that going to the library and study there would have been a good change of scenario. "Sure" you said eventually and Daniela winked at you, before turning around and walking into the building.

Once you arrived home you took a shower, trying to relax before making something for lunch.

As you were behind the stove, making some scrambled eggs and chicken, your thoughts landed on Alcina.

You've never seen a woman with so much dimension; she was so sophisticated and held so much power that you didn't know if you were supposed to be scared or aroused.

You took your phone out of your pocket and opened Instagram, looking for her name in the research bar, but nothing appeared. There were a few profiles with her name, but none of them was her.

You decided to end the research, but curiosity got the best of you. You wanted to know more.

You opened Facebook and typed her name again, hoping to find something; apparently someone listened to your pleads, because after scrolling down you found a woman who looked exactly like her. You clicked on the profile and a smirk crept upon your face as you saw her profile pic: it was a selfie, Alcina was kissing the top of the head of a big fluffy white cat.