The Angle Rapters (Stpry 3 - Chapter 3)

With Dexx: 

The Anglerfish demon was sitting in the large casino dining room once again, his thoughts wandering as he impatiently waited for the girls to return from their lunch. 

They had left about three hours ago, and had yet to return. 

Once arriving back from the Bounty Hunter Agency, they met up with Roxxane and Hanna, the two having arrived a few minutes after them. Venno’s mother and sister were already ready and waiting for them, so all they had to do was wait for Arachnè who Venno had also invited to go out with them for lunch, to which the Black Widow demoness was happy to attend. 

Jake and DJ had arrived with Roxxane and Hanna, and Jerry had decided to come down from the third floor just thirty minutes ago to see what was going on despite the Spider demon not wanting to spend any time with them, especially since the Neon demon had the tendency to be boundlessly optimistic and a little loud at times. 

To say the least, the others were having their own conversation at different tables, making Dexx the only one sitting aside as he waited for Venno to finally return. 

Dexx sighed, a frustrated and worried look on his face as he drummed his fingers on the table, his ears lowered. 

The Anglerfish demon quickly checked the clock on the wall, his eyes narrowing when he saw what time it was before he sighed again and began playing with the silver fish hook earring on his right ear. 

“Come on, why are they out so late?” muttered Dexx to himself. 

Dexx quickly glanced over at the others as he tried to get his mind off of the small box in the pocket of his jacket. 

Rad was having a conversation with Scott, DJ and Barry, the four talking excitedly about something. 

Jake was talking to Jerry, the older Spider demon nodding in understanding with a narrowed look in his eye as the younger Spider demon spoke about something that was making him blush, which could only be Hanna since he loved the Shadow demoness as much as Dexx loved Venno. 

Thorn was sitting beside Jerry, the Skeletal Viking demon having been listening to the conversation but had appeared to get bored of it at some point, his arms crossed as he turned to glance around the room. 

Thorn’s Thunder Falcon, who was sitting on his shoulder half asleep, perked up and seemed to say something silently in his nonexistent ear to which Thorn nodded in understanding. 

Turning and spotting Dexx sitting alone, the Skeletal Viking demon decided to stand up and walk over to the Anglerfish demon. 

Dexx was shocked when he saw this, the Anglerfish demon feeling a sense of fear as Venno’s father came and took a seat at the table he had been sitting alone at. 

“So, how’s everything going over here? I’m a little surprised you decided to sit alone instead of joining in on a conversation” said Thorn, the Skeletal Viking demon crossing his arms as he glanced back over at where the two groups were conversing. 

Dexx nodded in understanding, the Anglerfish demon’s ears lowering slightly. 

He had never really spoken to Venno’s father all that much since he first met him that night at the Overlord’s Ball, especially whenever he and Queen Pin would come over for their monthly visits. 

Feeling a little unsettled with the way Thorn had glanced back over at him, the Skeletal Viking demon still silent as he and his Thunder Falcon examined his nervous body language. 

“So, what are you planning to do with my daughter?” asked Thorn, the Skeletal Viking demon catching the attention of Rad, the Toxic Sludge demon having overheard this question and had opted to listen in from where he was seated.