Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Y/n Pov:

Byron and I were on our way to the beach for some surfing. Byron and I reached the beach around 5am. We set our boards on the sand and I checked my phone for messages from Cleo. She had asked me if I would like to spend some time with Emma, Rikki and her, and as I did not have any other plans for the day, I agreed to go along. Cleo instructed me to meet them at a bridge near Emma's swim spot.

"You all right?" Byron asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, let's go," I replied.

I asked him if he would like a drink at the JuiceNet Cafe, as Byron and I had been surfing for a while.

"Byron, what time is it? I have to meet Cleo and the girls at 12."

"It's 11 o'clock, what are you guys going to do?" Asked Byron.

"I'm not really sure, Cleo just asked me to join her," I replied.

"Oh, I hope it isn't anything tedious."

"Its been great surfing with you Byron, looking forward to seeing you this evening."

"I am sorry but I am going to have to cancel this evening as I want to practice my swimming."

"Sure, no worries, I will see you tomorrow," I replied.

I went to the bridge to meet up with Emma, Cleo and Rikki. On the way I saw Cleo and Rikki on Zane's dinge. It was one of his many new ones.

"Want to go for a ride?" Rikki asked.

"Have you got a licence?" Emma asked seriously

"Are you my mum?" Rikki asked with a chuckle

Cleo and I chuckled along with her.

"Let's go" I said excitedly.

We headed out into the deeper water near the island of Mako. I loved that island. It was so beautiful.

"Uhhh guys, we may have a problem," Rikki said.

"What's wrong Rikki?" I, asked.

"We've run out of petrol," Rikki said.

"WHAT," Emma and Cleo shouted.

"Cool!" I said

"IT'S NOT COOL, Y/N, WE COULD BE STRANDED HERE FOREVER," shouted Cleo.

"Jeez, you don't need to get so upset," I said.

"We could go there," Rikki said pointing at Mako Island.

"Mako, you mean?" Emma asked.

"No way, there are sharks," Cleo said, scared.

In spite of everything, we headed for Mako Island. Emma remembered her phone and tried to make a call to test the signal, but when she realised she wasn't getting any, she decided to go deeper into the island to try and get some. We decided to go with her to make sure she stayed safe.

I jumped across, with Emma and Rikki following. "Everybody, watch where you step," I said. We were all waiting for Cleo. She was about to jump when she fell into a hole and we followed her because she told us she had hurt her ankle.

After we went down the hole with Cleo, we looked for a way out. Then we saw something that looked like a pool. Emma investigated the pool to see if it led to an exit. After a few tense minutes of my sister worrying about Emma, she rejoined us and informed us that we could swim through the pool looking thing to the outside. She estimated that it would take us only 20 seconds to reach the sea. We all got into the pool except Cleo, who can't swim. Rikki and Emma offered to help her and she agreed. When she finally got into the water, I'm not sure what happened, but the moon was right above us and there were glowing particles.