-01- Prologue

BANG 

BANG

BANG

I was lying on the cold floor of the cell counting the bangs that could be heard from somewhere in the building. I don't know what or who caused them but I liked to count them, they kept me from losing my mind.

I've been locked up in this cell for 6 years, during which time I helped Silco with his stupid shimmer. I didn't want to take part in this kind of experiment, but if I didn't obey, I would be beaten, and I was just a child, so I obeyed. I had and still have nightmares with people who couldn't stand the shimmer and died, people who died because of the substance I helped to create. Of course, there were some who survived and managed to go through transformations, but if they were not fed enough with shimmer they became much weaker than before taking the first dose. So it's still a loss. Every time the shimmer took someone's life I cried in the corner of the cell. I didn't like to know that innocent people were dying because of the desire to become strong and the world to be scared of them and not the other way. 

My thoughts were banished when I heard footsteps approaching. It's probably Sevika with my lunch. I got up from the floor and approached the bars of the cell to see if I was right. I wasn't right. I mean, yes, Sevika was the one who approached me, but not with my lunch. She had the keys to my cell in her hand, which It's weird, I haven't left the cell before, Silco usually brought everything I needed for experiments here. 

"Come on Faith, you're out for a walk today." Sevika informed me as she unlocked the door.

She handcuffed me to my hands and feet, so as not to try to escape, and began to lead me up the stairs that led to a room that looked like an office. Silco was sitting at a desk, looking at me and Sevika.

"Faith! Has been a while." He was right, it had been a long time since he had come to the cell.

I didn't answer. I looked around the room, analyzing it, although you didn't have much to analyze. Silco's desk was in the middle of the room and looked more expensive than me with all those details on it and that reddish color. There were all kinds of documents on the desk, a mini library on one wall and a sofa next to the door. Behind the desk is a large round window with an interesting pattern on it. The walls are made of cement, not having any particular color. Yup. It looks like the kind of room he would stay in.

"I know you are not happy that I need you again, but this time I have a surprise!" 

"Surprise me!" I rolled my eyes.

"I have a small problem with the shimmer and it will take a little more time to fix it. I thought that if I can't bring all the people who help me with the production of the shimmer to your cell, I won't keep you there anymore."

I widened my eyes looking at him in wonder.To finally get out of the cell and never go in there again seems great, but that would mean working for Silco. I wouldn't run away from him, I'm not that stupid, I know he'll find me anywhere and take me back, or kill me, it depends. But I could try.

"Where will I stay?" I asked him.

"With my daughter, until I find a room that is good enough for you." His daughter? I didn't know he had a daughter. Who the hell would have a kid with him? "I have already talked to Jinx and she is happy that she will have a roommate. Follow me."