Chapter One - Sold

I yawned as I woke up for school. The sunshine filtered through my curtains and it felt like a warm bath on my face. I smiled to the sound of bird chirping outside.

It was the first day of senior year. I, Y/N, was going to officially be a senior!!! I honestly have waited for this moment my whole life. I grew up watching movies about senior year, and now I was finally there. It honestly just didn't feel real.

I gracefully jumped out of bed and began getting ready. Everything today had to be perfect. My mom had even helped me pick out my outfit last night.

I put on my hot pink high-low flowy dress and slipped on some ballet flats. I put gold jewlry on my wrists arms and neck and right ankle. I put my hair into an upside down braid into a messy bun and quickly put on mascara and lip gloss. I finished it off with a spray of perfume from bath and body works.

I couldn't wait to see my best friend Lily and all my other friends. Lily spent the summer in Europe so I didn't get to see her at all which was going to make today even more special.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. Y/N, you look soooo good today!!! I thought to myself. I grabbed my back pack and headed downstairs.

"Good morning mom!" I chirped as I went to get myself a cereal. She didn't respond after a few seconds so I turned to look at her.

"Why do you look so sad? Is something wrong?" I asked. She gave me a tight lipped smile and patted the seat next to her with her free hand (her other she was holding a wine cooler). "Happy birthday Y/N. Come sit with me"

Right!! It was my birthday too. I somehow forgot. I turned 18 on the first day of senior year. It was kind of a big deal.

I walked over and sat down. She looked like she was thinking which was an expression she didn't normally have. "So you know you are 18 today right?"

I nodded solemnly. Honestly I was so excited to be 18. "Yes why?"

She sipped her drink. "Well you are not going to school today because it is your birthday."

I frowned. "But I want to go to school it's the first day of senior year. And I want to see Lily" I added thoughtfully.

"I have something I have to tell you" she said quietly. "I decided to sell you so I can go to Mexico it has been my lifelong dream and this was the only way I could do it. I'm sorry"

My jaw dropped. "WHAT???" I jumped up from my chair. She reached out and grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. "No im sorry you can't just SELL people that's not how it works, nope sorry" I shook my head. What in the world kind of birthday surprise was this???

She sighed pensivly. "I already signed the paperwork. Y/N I am really sorry but i have to go to Cancun it's my dream and you have been holding me back since you were born. I am sincerely sorry but I just can't stay here anymore."

I was in shock. My own mom sold me?? To who?? This could not be real. I pinched myself a few times and unforunately it was.

"Your owners are coming to pick you up any minute. Please forgive me I had to do it Y/N" she begged.

I smacked the wine cooler out of her hand and she gasped. "You didn't have to you LIAR. My friends are going to find out I am missing when I don't show up today and they are gonna call the cops. You won't get away with this" I shouted.

She laughed. "Yes I will. I leave for Cancun as soon as your new owners arrive. You will be safe my dear I love you this is honestly for your own good."

I was fuming so much. "Ya no you don't love me. Real parents who love their kids DONT SELL THEM. What the eff mom???"

The doorbell rang and she leapt up to go get it. I tried to get up from my chair but while I was yelling at her she tied my wrists to it. Dang it I was so trapped.

My life felt like it was ruined forever. How could she do this to me??? Cancun is not worth your daughter you idoit. I let a hot tear slide down my cheek because I couldn't reach up to wipe it.

My mom came back into the room and I saw shadowy figures behind her. "Y/N, these are your new owners. Introduce yourselves to her" she said to the figures.

The figures stepped out of the shadow, and I felt my heart beat with shock.

"Y/N we are One Direction and we are your new owners. Welcome to the family."

My jaw dropped. Your kidding me.