Prologue

(y/n) POV

I was once a Pokemon trainer. I was best friends with my Pokemon, but in the end, I wasn't strong enough to be the best trainer. We got lost and I fell into a cave. I broke my legs. We had been trapped down there for weeks. I ran out of food about three days ago. "Gardevoir, Salamance, Butterfree, Eevee, Cubchoo, Growlithe come on out." I said weakly as my pokemon appeared before me. "I-I want you all to go, Salamance fly them all out of here." I said they all looked around confused. Cubchoo, Eevee, and Growlithe nuzzled and tried to change my mind, but I wouldn't budge, "Please don't make this any harder than it already is. I can't walk anymore, we're out of food and water. I'd rather you all live than have us all die down here." I said as I coughed weakly, Gardevoir tried to use her Healing Wish to heal me, but it failed. After a while, they gave in and agreed to leave, "Gardevoir, once you're out I want you to use Hyper Beam to seal the cave, I don't want anyone to fall and get trapped in here as I did." I said she nodded. They all said their final goodbyes to their master. Cubchoo gave me a hug, Eevee and Growlithe nuzzled and cuddled with me one last time, Butterfree nuzzled my cheek, and Salamance lit a fire and licked me. Together they all flew out and Gardevoir fired her Hyper Beam sealing the cave. Thanks to the fire Salamance lit I could see, but I was shocked when Gardevoir teleported next to me, I wanted to be mad at her, but I was happy to have her with me. She was my first Pokemon, she practically raised me as a child, it's fitting for her to be here at the end. She gently laid my head in her lap and petted me. My body grew numb and cold. My vision blurred, but I could still feel her warmth. I smiled and closed my eyes for the last time knowing that Gardevoir was there with me.

"Human, your bond with your pokemon was strong and nigh unbreakable. You treated them as family. Gardevoir loved you like a son, and it is for you she now weeps, she wished that you find happiness wherever you find yourself. I shall grant her wish." A voice said before a blinding light shone knocking me out.

When I woke up I felt strange and I couldn't remember anything! I was terrified and began to cry. "Oh my. Hello, there little one." a woman said as she walked toward me.

"Poor baby, you've lost your parents and are all alone

"Poor baby, you've lost your parents and are all alone." she said as she picked me up, "Worry not, Mama Cogita will take good care of you." she said sweetly.

Cogita raised me as her son for three years, she's so kind and gentle. "Mama!" I cried as I ran to my mother, "(y/n) sweetie what's wrong?!" Mama asked worriedly, "Scary!" I cried as I clung to her, but the sounds of whirling wind drew my attention.

 "Mama!" I cried as I ran to my mother, "(y/n) sweetie what's wrong?!" Mama asked worriedly, "Scary!" I cried as I clung to her, but the sounds of whirling wind drew my attention

"Is this what's frightened you? Amazing." she said as the Pokemon left.

We later learned that the Pokemon from the other day didn't want to hurt me, it was guiding me home ensuring I wouldn't get lost or hurt.

Eventually, Mama married a Ginko Guild merchant names Volo. He was pretty weird at times, but he was always nice to me and Mama so I like him well enough. "Papa." I said, "C-Cogita, d-did you hear that?! He called me Papa!" Volo said happily, "Here." I said as I handed him a Pokeball, "Oh did you catch your first pokemon bud? Which one did you catch?" he asked, "Giratina." I said making my parents freeze, "He caught the devil!" they said in shock.

Cogita POV

I was so so happy. My son finally acknowledged Volo as his father. Sure he caught the devil, but that's alright, he gave it to Volo. "Mama! Papa!" (y/n) said happily as he ran to us, suddenly my eyes widened in horror as an Alpha Rhyperior used rock slide burring my baby! "(Y/N)!" I cried, "GARCHOMP! QUICKLY USE EARTH POWER!" Volo cried worriedly as we ran to the pile of rock and began digging, Volo brought out some other pokemon to help, but we were too late.

I was inconsolable for months grieving the loss of my son. "I'm going to get him back. I'm going to meet Arceus and have him bring our child back to us!" Volo said.

For years Volo and I drifted apart, and his wish to bring our son back quickly turned into an obsession. He hardly came home and when he did it wasn't for long. A few days to a week at most. It broke my heart. "I'm sorry my love, Mama and Papa have failed you. We haven't been the same without you." I said softly as I looked at a picture of my son, "Arceus, please, help my baby. I beg you, please give him the life and family he deserves." I prayed.