confession

Steve watched Max and Eddie in amusement as they were huddled over a piece of paper on the kitchen floor, planning out how they were going to scare the two boys that were watching a movie in the living room.

The brunette had settled on distracting Lucas and Dustin, much to Eddies dismay, but Steve didn't want to get too involved.
So he was going to have them get something from the basement, while Max was going to turn off the power and Eddie would sneak up from behind them and scare them.

Steve thought it was a childish idea, but on the other hand, he regularly had Eddie sit on his lap being little, and he knew Lucas and Dustin would laugh about it once the shock had worn off.

So he went over to the boys, that were bickering over something that had apparently just happened on the movie they were watching, sitting down on the couch next to them.

„What are we watching?" Steve asked, even though he knew the tape that played in the VHS, since it came out of his movie shelf. Still, he wanted to converse with the others, feeling a slight guilt over how much time he had spent with Eddie alone since the boys had arrived.

„It's Poltergeist! Really Steve, shouldn't you know what shit you own?" Dustin laughed, completely ignoring Steve's „language", that the other had muttered through closed teeth.

With that, the conversation was over and Steve shook his head over how he let fifteen year olds watch a movie recommended for sixteen and over, but the kids had seen worse than horror movies. The brunette knew that, but he always tried to ignore the amount of crazy stuff his kids had been through at their age.
It just wasn't right.

He let his mind wander off, until he felt a weight fall down next to him, suddenly feeling a head on his lap.
As he tilted his head down, he looked right into chocolate brown eyes and a toothy grin.
Eddie batted his eyelashes up at him, a smug smile forming on his lips.

„You're staring at my lips Stevie" he said, followed by a fit of giggles.
Steve blushed slightly, grabbing a pillow and laying it on top of Eddie.
That just made the other laugh more, but he stopped immediately after both teenagers hissed a „Shhhh!" at him.

Eddie pulled the pillow off his face, sitting up again, his head now leaning on Steve's shoulder.
The other laid his head down onto Eddies, enjoying the now more or less silent room, the only noise coming from the TV.

But Eddie didn't let him have peace, and instead poked his side.
„Can you send them into the basement now, please? Max is waiting" he whispered into Steve's ear, who sighed.

„Boys, can you do me a favour and get some beer for Eddie and me from the basement? It's right next to the stairs in the fridge" he said, watching the teens get up while groaning about „lazy adults" and how they „weren't their butlers".
But they still got up, turning on the light outside of the door leading down into the basement.

Max's head peaked out of the kitchen, giving Eddie a thumbs up, who practically jumped from the couch, sneaking after the teens.
Once he was through the door after them, Max hushed to the light switch and turned it off.

Steve heard the two boys yell something, then Eddie making a weird noise and screams coming from the teens.
Not a second after, Eddie came out of the door, sprinting to hide behind Steve while laughing loudly.

Steve chuckled, welcoming Eddie into his arms, who had jumped onto his lap, watching Max being chased by Lucas while Dustin came after him, stopping by Steve and Eddie, chucking two cans of beer at them.

„You dick helped them set us up!" he pouted, and Steve just shrugged while laughing.
He couldn't deny the fact that he also found it funny how the boys had screamed.