Chapter 3

Eddie watched Steve as he tapped Eddies bed with his finger to the rhythm of the music. Steve's eyes were closed, almost like he was asleep. Eddie could've watched him forever, his eyes traveled to Steve's lips. The way his lips were slightly seperated as he breathed and moved to the words of the song.

Eddie frowned a bit an rolled over onto his back and rubbed his face. Why was he feeling this way? Why was he looking at Steve fucking Harrington?

He sighed loudly makeing Steve open his eyes an look ove at him. He chuckled before speaking softly, "You okay?"

Eddie keeps his hand on his face as he shook his head yes. Steve started to say something but Eddie sat up. "Hey I think you should leave. It's getting. You can stay if you want.  You can sleep in my bed. I'll take the couch."

Steve sat up as well, rubbing his head feeling a headache come on. "I don't want to take your bed. That would be rude."

"The couch isn't comfortable. Plus it's small, you're too tall to fit." Eddie stood and walked over to his radio, starting to switch the music.

"We can share your bed then. We're both guys so it doesn't matter." Steve followed Eddie looking at the music.

Eddie froze, dropping a cassette tape on the floor. He didn't know if both of them sleeping there would be a good idea. They were both guys, but it doesn't mean it's still not weird. They weren't super close. They'd only really started talking to each other today. Every once in awhile Steve would be with Dustin when they hung out and they would exchange hellos but nothing else.

"Um.. Are you sure your okay with that?" Eddie picked the tape up and placed it in the radio.

Steve smiled an tiled his head at Eddie, "Why wouldn't I?"

Eddie's heart raced a little. He turned quickly and walked to his closet. He moved around some stuff before he threw a random rock band  T-shirt at Steve. He caught it, stumbling a bit at the sudden impact.

Eddie grabbed a T-shirt to sleep in as well. He started to take his shirt off, turning slightly to look at Steve. Steve had already taken his shirt off and was taking his pants off. His muscular body looked out of place in Eddie Munson's bedroom. Eddie looked away as he pulled his own shirt on, his face heating up slightly. He grabbed two pairs of baggy shorts and gave one to Steve, not makeing eye contact.

Steve smirked at Eddie's embarrassment as he took the shirts pulling them on.

They both walked to the bed and Eddie got in first, getting as close to the wall a he could. He faced towards the wall, trying not to make it awkward. Steve quickly followed and laid normally on the bed, not caring how close he was. Eddie's tense body started to relax as he started to fall asleep. He heard Steve snoring softly, he started rolling I've slowly and faced him. He smiled watching him sleep calmly. Eddie soon dozed off to sleep.

_______________________________

The beeping of Eddie's alarm clock echoed through his room. Eddie groaned as he opened his eyes. They soon widened when he saw how he was laying. He had somehow rolled closer to Steve during the night and his head was laying on Steve's chest. Steve's arms were also wrapped around Eddie's torso. Eddie's face immediately turned red. Steve made a noise as he started to awake, he released Eddie and started to rub his eyes. Eddie quickly reached up to his alarm clock, causing him to have to half way straddle Steve.

Steve opened his eyes after he was more awake to see Eddie on top of him. His face became red as he looked up. What had happened last night? Memories of the previous night flooded into brain. He started to sit up which didn't make things easier. Hid sudden movement caused Eddie to stumble a little, making it so that they wer face to face. They both froze and looked at each other. They stayed like that for a few moments before they both started to laugh. What was happening? Neither of them knew. Neither of them cared at the moment.

Eddie, still blushing, rolled off of Steve and stood up. "We should get to school.. You have to pick up your girlfriend right? If we leave quickly you can pick her up." Eddie started to get dressed.

Steve stood up doing the same, "Girlfriend? You mean Robin? No. No no. We are fully Platonic. Besides she isn't...like that.. So we don't have to rush."

Eddie felt like a weight was lifted off his chest. A goofy smile spread across his face. He didn't know why but he felt like today was going to be a good day.