1. Break up

Mike POV

Why am I like this?

(A/N: if you know this reference I love you)

Why can't I just kiss El like we used to? What's wrong with me now? El is amazing, I do love her. But... why can't I kiss her back?

I love and care about her, but maybe not in a romantic way. It's too much stress for me it doesn't feel the same as it used to. I look back on our relationship and I see it as just some childhood crush who I looked up to. Basically a superhero. Like a crush on a celebrity that you eventually grow out of.

I thought about El, and if I could actually see myself with her for the rest of my life.

And I'll be honest, I can't. I want someone who I know really well, who I can be myself around, and I never have to worry about them giving up on me. That's the kind of person I want to be with. And I can't be like that with El. I feel like I can never truly be myself around her and that one of these days she'll realize how much of a douchebag I am and drop me. It's so stressful. I can't even kiss her.

I have to break up with El. I just can't do this anymore.

I called El. I know breaking up with someone over the phone is a really bitchy thing to do, but I wouldn't be able to actually say it if we were talking in person.

"Hey Mike!" She said happily. Oh shit, this is gonna be hard.

"Uh, hey. I have to tell you something," I replied.

"Uhm okay. What is it?"

"I- I can't do this anymore,"

"What anymore?"

"US EL!" I snapped, "I can't do us anymore! I don't know why! I just can't see us together anymore it's really stressful and I just don't think we're working anymore. I think you've seen that too. I don't know how to feel anymore, but I think it's best for both of us to- er- break up."

After a moment of silence El said, "Oh."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay Mike! It's fine. I get it. I don't wanna be in a relationship where the other person doesn't love me the same anyway."

"I do love you though! Just, not in- that way. I still wanna be friends with you if you'd let me, I do care about you."

"I- I love you too Mike. And it might take a while for me to come to terms with the fact that you don't feel the same way. But I'll figure it out, as you said it's better for the both of us. Thanks for being honest. Good night Mike."

"Good night El."

I hung up the phone and immediately felt bad. But everything I said was true. I just hope that the "it's best for the both of us" part does end up being true.

Word count: 499

Short chapter I know I really suck at this stuff by the way. But I needed to get mileven out of the picture for byler to happen. THERE WILL BE NO CHEATING IN THIS FANFIC! I also wanted it to be a healthier breakup. I hate the fan fics that make her out to be an asshole.