𝟏 「 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 」 𝟔

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑, Stefan continuously tried to convince the grudge-holding teacher/coach to allow him to try out for the football team.

"Varsity trials were last spring, Mr. Salvatore." Mr. Tanner spoke blandly as he looked down at the clipboard in his hands, wanting nothing more than to finish his already boring job.

"I wasn't here then, sir." Stefan spoke simply and respectfully, the teen vampire could already tell Tanner was holding a slight grudge after what happened earlier in the classroom.

"And you're not here now, as far as I'm concerned." Mr. Tanner said already annoyed and ready to blow the teen off, but Stefan wasn't going to give up so easily.

The teen continuously follows behind the couch/teacher, Seraphina wanted him to join the football team, and he was willing to make the small sacrifice and beg Tanner to let him play.

"Mr. Tanner, I realize that you and I didn't get off to the best start, and I want to apologize for that," Stefan apologized as Mr. Tanner paused to listen to his words, although Stefan didn't mean them in the slightest. "I've played football before, wide receiver, mostly, and I'm pretty good."

Looking Stefan up and down, Tanner still was a bit hesitant, even though Stefan had apologized, the adult man still didn't care for the young teen.

"Well, I won't be asking you who won the super bowl in '71." Tanner spoke sarcastically as he looked back down at his clipboard, but Stefan subconsciously answered anyways.

"'71 was the..." Stefan spoke but trailed off as he noticed the unamused look Tanner was sending him, causing him to slowly stop speaking. "sorry, I-I understand that, sir."

"Just to see you get knocked on your ass, borrow some gear," Tanner spoke annoyed, but Stefan paused for a moment slightly shocked that the man would let him on the team. "go before I change my mind."

Quickly Stefan walked away towards the locker rooms, Tanner watching him walk away with a slight sneer before turning back towards the team.

"Let's run it again!" He yelled as he walked over to the sidelines, watching as the team started to get in position to redo the play.

Although on the field, Matt and Tyler watched as a smiling Stefan walked his way into the school building so he could put on some leftover gear.

"First my best friend, now my team?" Matt spoke slightly annoyed as he watched Stefan, Tanner wasn't the only one holding a grudge against Stefan.

"Dude, this is an opportunity," Tyler said with a mischievous smile on his face as he lightly slapped Matt's chest, the latter only looking at him confused. "football's a contact sport, sometimes people get hurt."

With that Tyler let out a few happy laughs as he ran to get into position already planning on the ways he could 'accidentally' tackle Stefan, or let him get tackled instead of blocking for him.

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄, 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀, Bonnie looked around them for the 5th time in a row as she noticed the missing baby-blonde-barbie.

"I know I was just changing the subject at first," Bonnie said gaining the attention of Elena and Seraphina, who paused and stopped stretching. "but where is Caroline?"

"I don't know, this isn't like her." Seraphina spoke simply as she too looked around, also taking into notice how there was no one Blonde Barbie to lead the practice.

One of Caroline's favorite things in the world was Cheerleading, she'd been gunning for Cheer-Captain since they first started High School, and all three of them knew the girl wouldn't just flake on practice.

"I'll try her phone again." Bonnie spoke nodding her head as she reached down and grabbed her purse, searching around for her phone.

"I hope she shows up soon, I do not feel like running practice today." Seraphina spoke simply as she slouched down using her arms to lean back, quickly noticing the look Elena was sending her.

Although Seraphina only shrugged her shoulders under the disbelieving stare of Elena, who was going to make a snide comment but was interrupted by the sound of a car.

The baby-blue Mustang drew the attention of every single one of the cheerleaders, or more like the person who was sitting in the passenger seat; who was none other than Caroline Forbes.

"Holy shit." Seraphina gaped as she watched Caroline lean over and kiss the driver of the car, who she quickly recognized as Stefan's older brother Damon.

"Who is that?" Elena on the other hand asked since she wasn't in a position to see his face, her words caused.

"That must be the mystery guy from the grill." Bonnie spoke to them in a lowered voice without looking away from Caroline and Damon.

"That's not a mystery guy, that's Damon Salvatore." Seraphina spoke simply as she shook her head continuing to watch Caroline get out of the car.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan." Bonnie spoke as she turned towards Seraphina, who nodded, Elena, on the other hand, gasping as she realized it was him.

"Yeah as in Stefan's 20-something-year-old brother," Seraphina continued to speak before her face scrunched up in concern and disgust, watching Caroline walk over to them. "is this even legal, I mean Caroline's like 17 right?"

Seraphina had always been very encouraging when Caroline liked someone, hell she helped her get guys' attention on multiple occasions, but she never thought Caroline was into the older guy thing.

Especially one that was in his 20s, Seraphina could already tell that the Sheriff would not approve.

"I got the other brother, hope you don't mind." Caroline spoke in a taunting tone as she walked passed the three of them, before moving to stand in front of all the cheerleaders.

Hearing Caroline's words, Seraphina couldn't help but furrow her eyebrows in confusion; Caroline hadn't used a tone like that since before she gave her that Chanel purse.

Where they back to square one?

"Sorry I'm late girls, I uh, was busy, all right, let's start with the double herkey hurdler, what do you say?" Caroline stated more than questions, her words having a small pause in them before she put on a large smile.

Hearing this all of the cheerleaders, Seraphina, Bonnie, and Elena included, stood up letting out a small shout of 'let me do it' getting ready to do the moves Caroline spoke.

"And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8," Caroline counted out as the girls did the routine, Elena being the only one who couldn't keep up with everyone else. "Elena, sweetie, why don't you just observe today, okay?"

Pausing as Caroline called her out, Elena nodded her head as she moved further in the back of the rest of the girls.

Bonnie and Seraphina threw her a small smile before they started up the count once again.