You're Moving to Denver. Part 2 (Your POV)

I woke up to the smell of bacon, pancakes and other people talking. I got dressed, put my pajamas in my suitcase and went to the kitchen. It was Meg and her family. I was so happy to see her. We decided to spend the whole day together. We went for a walk to a nearby park after breakfast just to talk. "You won't forget me, will you?" She asks. 

"Are you kidding? You're like a sister to me. I may already have two sisters, but I don't mind. I'll remember you even in a million years." I put my arm around her as she giggled. 

"It's just, I've heard stories about friends moving away, and one of the friends replaces the other. I'm just afraid that, you know." 

"Meg, I will NEVER forget you. You are my best friend, nothing can change that. I'll write to you once I land, I'll call you when I wake up in Denver and we'll keep in touch." She smiled, but then it faded. "This is more than just our friendship, isn't it?"

"Yeah. Tyler's such an asshole. Without you, he's going to target me."

"Hey, I may have been the toughest girl in school, but you remember what I taught you, right? If he grabs you by the collar, you can break free of that. Plus, I think he's about to get expelled, so you don't have much to worry about." 

"He wouldn't be even close to getting expelled if it hadn't been for you, Y/N. He's terrified of you. After you gave him that good ole' knuckle sandwich, I swear he was spitting out blood for a week." We broke out into laughter. Then, we heard a familiar voice. 

"You little twerps talking about me?" We turned around and sure enough, it was Tyler. "Hey Meggie, now that Y/N is leaving, no one's gonna save your ass now." He stepped towards her, but I got between them. "You're still doing this, huh Y/N? It'll be one hell of a story to walk into school saying I got the last hit on Y/N, the toughest girl in school." 

"Yeah we'll see." He swung at me, but I ducked. He spun with a kick, but I stopped him, threw him on the ground, then kicked him in the ribs. He swept my leg, my head hit the ground, but I moved before he could grab me. I stood up, kicked him in the shins, then jumped in the air, and kicked him on the side of the face. He looked at me, dumbfounded. I took that moment to pound him. I ended with the famous Karate chop to his chest, then I left with Meg.

"Tell me you're still going to practice Karate in Denver. No one can pull off a kick like yours." 

"You know it." We headed back to my house, but the rented furniture was being taken back, so my mom had our bags out of the house. Meg's parents told us we could stay at their house and they'd drive us to the airport tonight. Meg and I were watching a movie together until we had an early dinner. We ate together, then piled up in Meg's parents' van. When we pulled up to the departures entrance, Meg's dad helped my dad pull out the luggage. Meg and I hugged one last time. Our hug lasted a long time, my mom had to put her hand on my shoulder to get my attention. I didn't let go of Meg, I just looked up at my mom. She gestured her head towards the entrance. I let Meg go, and walked away with my parents. I kept looking back at Meg until her parents drove away. We got our luggage checked in then went straight to the boarding gate. I was sad and my parents knew it. My dad put his arm around me. When we boarded, I looked out the window, staring at my reflection in the glass. It was dark out, and it was getting cloudy. As the plane began to back out and drive towards the runway, I just watched the world move around me. After the plane took off, I watched Boston shrink until I couldn't see it. When we were above the clouds, I looked at the stars and moon. I did this for a while. I turned back to see if my parents were still awake, but they were out like a light. I continued to stare out the window until I fell asleep myself. 

Our flight landed and I was super tired. Dorothy was staying in a hotel in Denver and she was waiting for us when we got outside. She and her boyfriend must have stopped by our new house and brought our station wagon with them. We put our bags in, then drove to our new house. We had rented furniture in this house too, and everyone fell asleep. 

Dorothy came to see us the next day and help us settle in. "Hey Y/N, did you have a good flight?" She asked. 

"I guess." She could tell I was sad.

"It'll get better. If you want, I'll show you where you'll be going to school. Mom said she'd give you until Wednesday." I nodded, then got in the car with her. This school is nice! When we drove by, there was a fight going on. I asked Dorothy to pull around the corner and stop. "I know what you're thinking. I know you're a black belt in karate, but that's no reason to fight like a wild animal." I didn't listen, I just watched the fight. It was two boys. Just when I thought the bigger boy would win, I was shocked to see the smaller boy win. He is fine. I can't wait to start school here now. 

"Dorothy, is it possible that we could go home now? I want to ask Mom if I can start school tomorrow."

"Oh I see. You're already excited. I'll talk to Mom, as long as you promise that you're not wanting to start school just to join this monkey business." She pointed to the fight that was just ending. "No, it's not. I just want to make some new friends." I said that as I watched the small, handsome boy walk away. "Okay then."

I'm glad my parents agreed to let me start school tomorrow. This is exciting. I really want to meet that cute boy. I have all night to decide how I'm going to introduce myself. Maybe I'll see if I have any classes with him. If not, I'll see if anyone else around me knows him. This is too exciting. In fact, it was so exciting that I lost track of time, and didn't go to bed until 11:00 that night, which mind you, is 1:00 AM from Boston.