SUMMER START

Chicgirlatte typing...︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

━━━━━━━━━

Best viewed in dark mode!

Summer is supposed to be fun. You have fun at the beach, you have all the time in the world. I mean you know...it's summer. It's free, you're free.

But this summer, my mother is nowhere to be found. Left a note and went to South Korea. Just like that. I'm not in Malibu, no she bought me a plane ticket to stay at my Aunt Laurel's place. And every summer Belly, my cousin talks about this beach house somewhere in New England?? Not sure to be frank.

My family isn't like Belly's. I have no idea who my father is and I could give less fucks about him. My mother falls in love easily, running at the chance to move in with the guy. Which drives each guy she dates farther away. My mother has no sense of what being a mother is, I take care of her. She's drunk? I'll go make my hangover soup to ease her a bit. She's nowhere to be found at her shop? I'll go cover for her.

It's an endless cycle of the child taking care of the parent. I grow tired, but I do what needs to be done. My grandmother doesn't reach out to my mother, barely calling us. Laurel's family was always favored over me and my mother. It always felt wrong, seeing my grandmother hug Belly everytime we came to her home for her birthday. All she does is give me a nod and walk away. Anyways back to me staying with Aunt Laurel.

I don't want to spend the summer there, I want to spend my summer in Malibu, eating ice cream with my friends, riding on a cruiser bike around Santa Monica, probably making out with various people or playing and singing guitar on the sidewalks of the beach. But no, I'll be with my relatives. Belly and Steven are not that bad, they're pretty great but...I just want to stay at home.

I look at the ceiling in Belly's room as she packs. My clothes are all sorted in luggages so I don't have to pack. Her friend Taylor is here, she's actually pretty cool. They talk about some guy named Conrad, and how Belly has liked him for like...forever.

"God, you've liked Conrad for like forever Belly." Taylor says as she watches Belly pack her stuff. I saw her put a dress in belly's bag. Well I agree with Taylor that Belly needs to branch out more.

"I thought you came here to help me pack." Taylor rolls her eyes in a funny way. "Here's a tip: Don't pack that speedo." Belly looks at Taylor puzzled. "It doesn't do a thing for your new boobs, right Celeste?" She looks at me. "I agree with Taylor. Only today."