⁰³ 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕

She opened the door to the instruction room. Even though she was thirty minutes early, she was the last one there. Sitting in the seat next to Hangman she was taken back by how squishy the seats were.

"These seats eat your ass," She whispered, shifting uncomfortably.

He chuckled, "not as bad as the ones in that one subway on our last deployment together."

She sighed playfully and rolled her eyes, "I thought I'd be stuck in Rhode Island forever."

Cyclone started introducing their instructor, and she could feel her heart sink. Her gaze shifted to Rooster. She watched his eyes follow Mav walking down the aisle. If looks could kill, Maverick's f18 would be crashing into the ocean.

-

As Colt walked to her plane she heard Mav call out to Rooster 3 different times, him choosing to ignore him the first two times. A part of her wanted to stop to listen to what they were saying but she knew it wasn't her business so she continued to her plane.

The first flyers were Rooster and Hangman.

She sat and listened to the radio in her cockpit, not paying attention

"How low you wanna go Rooster," Maverick's voice echoed through the radio

"I can go as low as you sir, and that's saying something," Rooster jabbed.

She smacked her head and sighed, "aw shit."

"What's past is past, for both of us," Maverick called out.

"You'd like to believe that wouldn't you"

She listened as they fell below the hard deck and still falling.

She grabbed the radio mask and pulled it to her face, "pull up Rooster, this isn't how this is going to end"

He didn't acknowledge her.

She became angrier, "goddammit Bradley pull up!"

She got up from the cockpit not wanting to know what was going to happen next.

Soon they all came down from the air and were assigned to two hundred push-ups.

She was beyond pissed. Not only did he risk Maverick's life but he risked his own. She knew he was selfish but he crossed the line this time.

-

After the flight sequences, Fallon had one thing on her mind. She needed to talk to Rooster.

She was walking toward Hondo and Rooster with an aggravated look plastered on her face. Hangman stopped her.

"Hey what the hell is up with Rooster and Maverick, There is no way they are still upset about what happened all those years ago."

"Now is not the time, we'll talk later," She dismissed.

She left Jake hanging, with a confused face. She continued what she was doing before she was interrupted.

"I've got this Hondo," she waited for him to walk away. "Rooster what the hell were you thinking. You could have got-"

"Gotten Maverick killed? Yeah, it seems like he's all you ever care about. Right or wrong, it's his side you would take," His words stabbed her like knives.

"Roost-"

"You can't even call me by my goddamn name anymore? I don't understand what's up with you. It's like we went from everything being okay to it all going up in flames," He raised his voice

"Don't give me that shit Bradley, you know who caused this. You know why you don't deserve my time. Fuck if I ever give a shit about you again, you're a selfish asshole. You only ever care about yourself and I'm done talking to you. I came here because I was worried about you, but I can see you are doing perfectly fucking fine" she walked away, feeling no better than before.

She didn't understand why he chose to blame her.

"What the hell is up with those two?" Phoenix asked Hangman.

They had both watched the scene go down, but only one of them was shocked.

Hangman sighed "well back when Maverick pulled Rooster's papers before graduation, he thought Colt had something to do with it since she was so close with Maverick. He blew up on her in front of a bunch of people at her graduation party and they hadn't seen each other since.

"Damn, they never seemed close during Top Gun School. It would be kinda weird for her to have something to do with it," Phoenix said confused.

"Yeah, something like that."