How to Use Nunchaku? A Step-by-Step Guide!

Nunchaku are two wooden sticks connected at one end by a short length of rope or chain

Nunchaku are two wooden sticks connected at one end by a short length of rope or chain. It is primarily used in martial arts like Ninjutsu and in competitions such as freestyle spinning.

A weapon that consists of two wood or metal rods attached to each other with string, rope, or a chain. It is primarily used in martial arts such as Ninjutsu and competitions like freestyle spinning. There are many different ways to use them depending on the type of attack being executed and they can even be wielded while holding another weapon like a dagger, sword, etc.

Nunchucks: What do they mean?

Nunchucks are a quite simple weapon consisting of a pair of sticks connected by an object such as cord, string, metal wires or chain. The sticks are used to strike at the opponent while being swung around the body. Nunchuck is also referred to as fighting sticks and nanche in English.

The word 'nunchaku' is etymologically related to nyaumuhk'aak-kept in Chamorro and Arabic meaning "round stick." It is often confused with shuriken, but shuriken are actually composed of many parts including metal spikes that adhere themselves together at the top (the "shuriken").

Use Nunchucks in this Way:

Nunchucks are a popular weapon in martial arts and self-defense. In order to use them properly, you need to follow these steps:

1. Hold the nunchuck with your dominant hand in front of the other hand. Bring the two handles together so that they're parallel, denying your arm access to the nunchuck handles.

2. Use this motion as a way of training for when someone grabs your weapon from behind you.

3. Pull back on one handle and then quickly release it, pulling back on the second handle.

4. Do practice drills for speed and accuracy to build up muscle memory.

5. Focus on being able to execute this skill while moving, in your sleep or in the heat of the moment. Practicing this skill will make it second nature.

6. Garnish the nunchucks handles in either red or white tape to improve grip and prevent blisters.

7. Use these weapons as an improvised weapon if you lose your main weapons.

8. Visit your local martial arts store to find out what styles practice nunchucks use and see if that's a style you want to learn more about.

9. Practice making the nunchaku twirl around your body in a figure-8 pattern.

10. Practice throwing one of these weapons out in front of you while you block with the other.

11. To make sure the nunchaku doesn't fly out of your hands, use a belt or even duct tape to secure them.

12. Practice manipulating the two nunchucks so that they spin in opposite directions and once again twirl around your body.

13. The best way to develop strength when using your nunchuck is to hold up one handle, parallel to the floor and then bring it down as if you were using a hammer.

Handle your Nunchuck Safely!

Nunchaku are two wooden sticks that are connected to each other with a cord or chain. They were originally used as farming tools back in ancient Japan, and are often associated with the traditional art of kung fu.

Below, we offer up some general safety tips for handling this versatile weapon safely and responsibly:

1) Obtain proper training before attempting to use nunchuck yourself. If you're new to martial arts, then it's a good idea to seek training in a professional setting. But if you are an experienced martial artist and want to learn how to use this, then find a teacher who can provide proper guidance.

2) Properly select the size of nunchucks for your needs. If you plan on using them for training purposes only, then there is no need to invest in expensive ones that are designed for combat. Also, keep in mind that they are primarily used by men; if you're female, then look into using kama instead.

3) Avoid unauthorized modifications of nunchaku. If you're going to purchase a pair, then make sure they are authentic and have not been altered in any way. Otherwise, you might experience unexpected problems when using them.

4) Read the instructions before attempting to use nunchuck yourself. The different parts of these weapons should always be attached properly, and the cord should never be cut past a certain point for safety reasons. Some units may function better if the cord is tightened or loosened slightly, so follow the instructions carefully.