6

"You're the best, you know?"

"I know Daeshim"

--~°~--

Nala was coming back from her house, where she explained to her family a bit more clearly why she has to stay with Daeshim. She couldn't tell them the truth, of course, she agreed with him that it will be their secret.

Besides, they'd never trust Nala about that, so she decided to lie to them, but as less as she could. Nala was always terribly honest, which was one of her crazy traits. Except when she's late for class of course.

It was already darkening when she was close to Daeshim's house, but darkness never scared her. Nothing did actually, except loosing someone she loves. Death will come now or later, but having to continue without someone who ment the world to you - impossible mission.

Nala clicked the door bell, now being prepared for Daeshim being half dead again, she can tell she got used to it. She still couldn't realize how did he stay alive, with all those wounds and cuts. Is that what that creature does? Making you forget things but live with physical pain? Nala couldn't help but wonder what else can it do...and this was already too much.

"Earth to Nala!"

"Oh hi bitch, I didn't notice you opened the door"

"Come in"

Daeshim let his best friend in with serious look. Hot serious look. Sometimes being friends with benefits isn't that bad when your bestie looks like Johnny Depp in 90s.

"You know we have to understand what that beastie wants from me" Daeshim broke the silence "and we have to figure it out quickly".
"I told you already, it can only be me. But I know nobody who'd act that way. Or possess over me that way"
"If it's you, we can untangle thing's easily" Daeshim stated.
"And how? You want me to be the bait for the beastie?"
"Hot bait for sure"

"Fuck off with your horny ass now Daeshim! I'm trying to help you. And forget about me being the bait, if that's what you thought. I'm sorry but I don't want to end up as you. You know how much you mean to me but there must be another way"

"Well that thingy will attack again for sure, the only question is when. Maybe...I can go for a small walk, but just here around the house, waiting for whatever it is to come, and you can hide and try to figure out what is it"

"No way. You ain't going back again. Remember what it said last time? Cuts to the bone itself. I can't let that happen to you", Nala disapproved in worried tone.

"Then I have no ideas left"

"I do"

--~°~--

Nala was heading off to school the other day, thinking about the deal she made with her best friend.

"I have to stay away from you for a while, and we'll see what happens"
"How do you mean 'stay away'? You promised you'll be by my side"
"And this is the only way for me to be by your side. You think I want this? If that thing tortures you for being close to me, then I won't be close to you. End of the story"

Now she felt like the two of them are in fight. He's alone anyway, and his only support leaving him...For him it's too hard to handle, but he'd never show that. As Nala was approaching the school, she decided that she won't think about that today. She deserved to relax her brain as well, and all this...is far from relaxing.

"Hey! Wait for me mf!", familiar voice could be heard from behind.
"What is it asshole?", Nala came back at Taehyung.
"Are you always wandering around the school alone like this?" he asked. "No, I'm wandering with a friend of mine, but as I can see you're also alone so you're not competent to tell me anything."
"And where's that friend of yours now?"
"He's sick, I guess the flu caught him"
The only thing he mouthed was 'he?' in a jealous tone, but can he actually be jealous?

"Yes. He. What's wrong with that?"
"Nothing. By the way, you know that song 'friends don't look at friends that way..."

"Yes. But I see no point of you mentioning that masterpiece right now"
"Just checking"
"You know you're weird right Tae-dumb?"

--~°~--

Lessons ended, and it was friday, so everyone was getting ready to kill themselves on the weekend.

Nala gave herself space to stop thinking about Daeshim, and she decided she'll only text him to check if he's okay. Maybe not kind of a move of best friend on the earth, but it was the only safe way.

She was leaving the school building when she felt a slight grip on he4 left shoulder "Nala! I have to ask you something, but I don't want to sound creepy"

"Yeah sure go ahead Tae-dickhead"

He blinked in disbelief, but what's so unbelievable there? Just Nala.

"You know I'm new, and you're the only one here who I can talk to normally , all those ass-kissers...just ain't it. So I was wondering are you free this weekend, so we can get to know each other more?"

"I'm all yours babe"

"Woah what's that now huh? You're insulting me since we met"

"Don't get used to it. Here's my number so we'll see abt time and place, ok?"

Your heart was ready to jump out of your chest. Did he just invite you to hang out? Fuck he did.

You had to admit that you liked him. And why wouldn't you? He was handsome, tall, tanned with dark hair, veiny arms, wearing stylish clothes with rings and stuff. Deep voice, book lover, and mysterious. Damn it, he was perfect.

You were getting nervous, which is a new thing for you, you never were nervous around the guys. But in the other hand, you never felt uncomfortable around him, so you realized it was just a random feeling that'll disappear at the moment you meet him. Until then, very important question: what to wear?