VI. The Feeling Of Loss

Six

Six. The Feeling Of Loss

             Stars were little people in the sky waving down to you if you noticed them

That's what Steve Harrington knew, because that's what Vera Stonem had informed him with. It was sickly cute of her. Her veins had to be made of molted candy and little girl dreams.

Steve Harrington adored Vera, and everything that made her Vera.

   Steve couldn't help and gape at the stars. His head gently leaning against his car window as he looked up into the night lit sky. Vera just watched him. Lover's Lake left a waving, moon shined imprint of a reflection on the boys car. "They're pretty tonight, aren't they?" His words were soft, and he had a faint smile on his full lips.

   Vera's stomach churned. Fuck, I am so in love with you. "Yeah. Beautiful." She wasn't talking about stars. Steve's smile brightened at her voice, eyes falling shut against the stars. He could do this forever: peace.

   "Steve?"

   The boys eyes fluttered opened, heading lolling to the right. Gaze casted on Vera. "Yeah?" She smiled gently, and he caught the redness in her cheeks. What was she thinking about? The boy pushed his hand out, beckoning her over. She took it gently, skin and skin, so soft against the other. Vera glided over the console, slipping right into the boys lap. His thighs twitched under her. "Hi." He beamed, tucking her hair behind her ears. "Hi, sweet thing."

    The girl smiled, leaning forward her arms weaved around his neck. He was flush against her front, and his arms circled around her waist. His chin hooked over her shoulder, her cheer skirt scrunched up with the position. Floral pink undergarments nearly saying hello to the moon and stars. "You okay?"

Steve's voice was soft and Vera pulled back gently, she wanted to see his face. "I'm okay."

He didn't necessarily believe her, but he nodded slowly regardless.