six.

six.

It was officially a month into the school year. Within that time, Tatum and I were practically inseparable, same with  Kevin and Rue, Sidney was still distant with me, I had grown popular with the student body and Randy.

For Woodsboro to be the small town that it was, I was kind of starting to like it. It may not be able to compare to home but it definitely began to grow on me.

As for Billy and Stu, they began to morph into raging dicks. Billy went from the friendly guy that everyone loved to a closed off, selective jerk. Stu, on the other hand, was becoming high strung and overly-alert. They had something going on but I was the only one that cared to notice.

"Hey, Sol, have you seen Tatum?" Billy asked.

We were standing in the cafeteria line to get snacks. "No. why?"

"Stu needs to see her." He had become so nonchalant with his words recently and it was weird. It was like he was turning into a zombie.

"I'll let her know."

I learned to distance myself from Billy in a less obvious way. My feelings grew for him but I was able to present myself as an acquaintance. He, on the other hand, became more watchful and protective of me.

"What are you doing after practice?" He asked while the line moved up.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, why?"

"I needed to talk to you." This was the nicest he had sounded in awhile.

"I have to be straight home." My dad was in L.A. and my mom was staying with my grandma on the next street over. They were both coming back tonight.

"I'll come tonight then." He flashed a quick smile.

I narrowed my gaze at him while reaching for an iced tea. "What do you mean? My parents will be home."

Billy took a step closer to me, barely leaving a foot of space between us. I found it fascinating how he could switch so quickly between being a creep and his old, friendly self. "Just leave your window open, I'll be quiet."

The clock was about to strike twelve as the night grew quieter. With each tick that came from the clock, I found myself growing more cold. It was my anxiety kicking in along with the breeze that came through my window.

As bad as it sounded, I was hoping that Billy would follow through and come talk to me. I wanted to see if I'd have to continue suppressing my feelings or if I'd lose them and him coming by, or not, determined that.

Damn, where is he... I continued to toss and turn in my bed. I sat up and looked to the right, out of the window and at the moonlit sky.

A wave of guilt consumed me as I began to think about Sidney. I knew it was wrong to let Billy come by when she was probably waiting for him to call her.

Maybe I deserve her spite... I frowned before getting out of bed. I did a quick stretch before approaching the lamp on my dresser and turning it on. The sudden burst of light irritated my eyes, causing me to turn around and shut them. I opened them a few seconds later and to my surprise, there he was.

"Oh Fuck!" I hissed, jumping in fear. "How'd you get in here, Billy? It's a good climb." I should have heard his footsteps, it made no sense how he was able to get in without me noticing.

"I'm good at these things." He winked before eyeing me up and down. "Is that what you sleep in?"

He referred to my pajamas; a baby pink set with shorts and a tank top made out of satin material. There was nothing risqué about my choice in sleepwear, the only possible thing were my titties being free.

"Is that a problem?" I asked.

He shook his head, smiling. "No, It's not."

"Okay, well what did you wanna talk about?"

Billy approached my bed and sat on the edge of it. His attitude became much heavier than I was used to. "I wanted to tell you more about my mom."

I didn't know what to think so I leaned against my dresser to listen.

"You already know about the affair my dad had with Sidney's mom." His voice became venomous. "But my mom was in denial until she found them kissing in our backyard. I remember all the fights that happened and it wasn't pretty..."

I still couldn't understand why he'd tell me this. Instead of me, he could have been telling his girlfriend this to help whatever feeling of resentment he had.

"When she left, she didn't tell me where she was going. She didn't even give me a number." He scoffed. "I felt so alone..."

"I'm so sorry..." I felt sympathy for him.

"I've been living a lie since and I hate it. Now that I met you, I just want out of all this... I'm sorry for hurting you, Sol." he looked away.

A low sign fell from my lips and I shook my head. Something in me believed that he was remorseful but I didn't think it was the drama that caused it.

"I get you're in a tough place, I just wish you were honest with me. Maybe it would've made my feelings become platonic but it wouldn't make me not care." I smiled. "If it makes you feel any better, I forgive you."

"Can I hug you?"

That question lit my entire world up. As bad as it was, I was fine with hugging him; if I couldn't be with him, this hug would have to do.

I slowly approached him before leaning against the foot of my bed. Nervous to make such close contact, I looked down and waited for him to initiate it.

There was so much tension between us and I didn't understand why—it was supposed to be an innocent hug. I didn't know how to explain the way I felt when he caressed my face, it was a combination of possessiveness and tender touch, I wasn't used to it. I wasn't used to him hugging me either.

Billy pulled me into his chest with some force and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and got up on my toes to reach him. We were still quiet during the embrace but the way we held onto each other said a lot.  Honestly, it felt like a batch of unrequited love.

"You're so good, Sol..." he murmured.

He caught me off guard, I didn't get what he meant by that. I really didn't understand him that much either, he was kind of different.

There was a subtle darkness about Billy and I couldn't figure out if it was seduction and lust or plain old crazy. It was odd.

"Sol..." He looked down at me.

I looked up, wanting to know what he had to say. "Yes?"

"I wish you were mine..."

There was a slight pause before he began to lean in. I didn't do anything to stop it and grew shocked as our lips touched. The moment they connected, I felt a deep passion between us that made me melt. I couldn't explain it but I just felt his emotion for me.

The kiss only lasted a moment before I finally stepped back for air. Having kissed my... frenemy's..? boyfriend that I happened to like was just a big punch to the gut. I had dug myself deep.

"Are you okay?" Billy went to caress my cheek.

I accepted his touch, almost humming at the gentleness. "Yeah..."

"I don't want to leave but I don't want you in trouble." He kissed my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."

With that, Billy turned around and headed for the window. He climbed out without hesitation and disappeared into the night, leaving me behind and feeling more content than ever.

So as promised, more of Billy and Sol :) I hoped you guys liked this chapter, please comment and tell me how you feel. Also, is anyone interested in an outsider's story?