nine

Season 3, Episode 7

They all then were led into the basement by Fei and Ben, Kallie walked alongside Five and gripped his hand. It was practically normal for them already. As they went down, a bright ball of energy floated in mid air which surprised everyone.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Fei admired.

"That's what took Stanley." Lila muttered.

"Along with a few other billion people." Five also added simply.

"Yeah, who I don't know or care about either." She replied and walked around to get a better look.

"Right, so it's all about you." Fei interrupted.

"All of us are irrelevant." Five commented. "This whole thing is gonna take the damn universe."

"What is it made of? Sure doesn't look...nice." Kallie asked, feeling nervous about being around the illumination ball of light.

"Micro black holes collapsing at increasingly short intervals." Sloane explained shortly. Kallie was impressed at her knowledge, which herself didn't have.

"Why aren't we getting sucked inside?" Five questioned.

"We don't know. You shouldn't exist here, and neither should this." Sloane replied.

"An impossibility for an impossibility. The universe is a sucker for balance." Five tilted his head.

"Grace has been tracking the waves. Next one is in three hours." Fei told everyone.

"Then what are we supposed to do then?" Kallie asked and folded her arms.

"We trap it." Sloane said it as if it was simple.

"Dyson sphere?" Five asked and she nodded, he clicked his tongue before nodding. "Okay. Confinement factor."

"0.98 at peak energy flux." Sloane informed him, taking it on as a challenge as she cocked her head to the side.

"Tensile strength."

"UTS ceiling of 10,000 gigapascals."

"Should I be finding this hot?" Lila muttered. Kallie would agree but she's sort of Sloane's sibling...

But Five isn't!

"Could work. Or we could all die horribly." Five pointed out.

"Never tell me the odds." Kallie sighed and leaned on the brick wall behind her.

"I'm in." Five agreed.

"You're not the one we need." Ben stated.

"Excuse you?" Allison asked from behind everyone.

"You just deflated the poor man's ego, Ben." Kallie snickered.

"For this to work, we need Sloane, Lila, Christopher and-" Fei listed off but was rudely cut off by a certain Umbrella.

"Viktor. Of course." Allison chuckled and started to walk out.