Surprise attack

-I'm soooo booooreeeed! - Qinyang's whining echoed in the underground cavern the cherry palace was in. A green haired cherry demon kid who was sitting next to her looked at her annoyed and took a bite out of his bread.

-Girl, we just finished training. I am exhausted, and you are telling me that you're bored?

-Yes, because every day is the same! Nothing ever happens here Ru!

-That's a you problem. I for one have many interesting things to do.

-Like reading books all day?

-I'm studying magic! It's amazing, and you could benefit from learning it too!

As if to prove his point, he jumped up, spun around and created a colorful explosion, his fancy robes floating like flower petals on the wind. Qinyang's eyes sparkled with awe, but only for a short while. She shook her head and crossed her arms.

-You aren't going to buy me that easily. You are the brains, I am the brawls... Or I will be, at least.

-And to think that you are thousands of years older than me...

Their childish bickering was abruptly stopped by the sound of heavy footsteps. They turned around to see no other than the cherry tree demon king. He was geared up to his teeth, wearing sturdy armor and weapon in his hand, plus a backpack with what looked like documents sticking out.

-Oh? Hello kids. How are you doing?

-Hi dad! Ru was just being a show-off - As soon as these words escaped her mouth, she was showed by Ru to the side, which in return earned him a glare from the princess.

-And where are you going? You look like you're going to raid some immortal's house to be honest... - Quinyang was intrigued and wanted to know more, because it may have been her chance to finally get out.

-Well, you got that almost right haha. I have decided to form an alliance with other demon clans. It will be hard, since we are not the most powerful out there, I have to admit. But our abilities can easily earn us positions of spy's so I'm sure at least some negotiations shall be successful. And if all goes well, I'd like to talk about it with the Monkey King and...

-WAIT!!! You mean THE MONKEY KING? The great sage equal to haven??? - He was cut short by excited squeaking from Qinyang - And you're going to visit him???

She jumped up and down while Ru just looked at her. -Yeah my King, that does sound amazing! I assume you will be gone for some time? - He was excited too, but spoke more calmly and stood still.

- Yes. Your father and my right hand will be commanding you all while I'm gone. I will be taking a few of the soldiers with me too...

-Can I go with you dad? Pleeeeease!!!! -The princess finally stopped in one place and looked at her parent expectedly. Her father breathed in and sighed.

-No. We will be traveling far, and it's dangerous. That's why I'm taking soldiers with me too!

-But...

-I know that you would love to meet Sun Wukong, but when I come back from my mission successfully you will have plenty of occasions to meet him, alright?

The princess pouted and crossed her arms, but mumbled an ''alright'' back.

-Literally no one could guess that you are the older one, and by thousands... - At these words her head snapped back at her friend, who only grinned at her when he saw that his little insult worked.

-That's it, I'll show you you little...

But before she could take one more step, the whole cavern shook. Everyone stopped dead in their track and were equally dead silent. Their head snapped back when they heard someone run up to them.

-How did you run here so fast? - The king was astonished to find his right-hand sprint at such speeds.

-Father, are you alright? What happened?

-Do not worry Ru, I am fine. And to answer your question your highness, I used magic, but this is not of importance right now! Someone is...

He was cut off by an explosion that destroyed the roof of the cavern. The debris fell on to the one of cherry gardens. Demons who were there quickly teleported by the trees before anything could touch them.

-Oh no! We're too late already!!! Someone is attacking us! I could not detect them with my magic! We have to evacuate everyone, or this cavern will bury us all!!! We are dealing with some powerful foe - Ru's father spoke so fast that they almost didn't catch what he said, but the king acted fast, and screamed ''EVACUATE!!'' as loud as he could. Those who heard him scrambled to sound the warning horns.

Everyone scattered, warriors grabbed their weapons, parents their children, and the rest anything of value that they could save. They ran to the closest cherry tee they could find.

-Take the kids. I'll stay here and try to confront the culprit of this. I have a feeling that I know that someone very well... - The king's order was stern and commanding, the usual friendliness and softness in his voice gone. His right hand slowly nodded, the situation dawning on him even harder. He grabbed his son's shoulder and turned, only to see that the princess was gone.

-WHERE THE HELL IS SHE??? RU???

-She was behind me just second ago!

The king groaned in frustration. This was the worst time for her antics.

-Find her! I'll buy you some time, but you have to get out of there!!

As if to confirm his words, a building near them exploded to pieces, debris flying everywhere.

And so the king and the other two ran in different directions.